PRLog - Nov. 1, 2011 - CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa -- Sealed Connector System
Sealed Connector System
The pre-assembled, fully-submersible connector system is a high-performance connector system; offering a reduced package size and is ideal for SAE- and ISO-style wire in single- and dual-row configurations up to 22.0A supporting both signal and power applications for on-engine automotive to off-road construction equipment applications
Based on the 1.50mm ISO blade-type terminal system, the connector system consists of matte- and cable-sealed connectors, receptacles and terminals. Available in tin, gold or silver contact finishes, the connector system provides cost savings by eliminating the need to purchase, handle and crimp individual wire seals. The single silicone-based seal in the plug and receptacle has individual wire openings and a seal cap to protect, securely retain and provide strain relief. Integral terminal position assurance (TPA) and optional connector position assurance (CPA) components eliminate time-consuming and costly assembly operations. Many of these products employ ring-seal technology to meet IP6K7 and IP6K9K sealing requirements.
The expanding product line consists of several product groups including:
• Panel Mount Connectors feature a gasket seal and require self-tapping screws to mount the header to the connector
• Shrouded Headers offer superior sealing and electrical performance to simplify direct wire-to-board connections
• Unshrouded Breakaway Headers allow rapid-design revisions while reducing work in process
• M3 Grip Terminals prevent potential leaks in wet environments
• Unsealed Connector System provides simplified harnessing and cost efficiency for mid-power unsealed applications (this system is not sealed)
Tooling solutions include crimp-press applicators for high-volume production, as well as hand tools for low-volume production and field repairs.
For more information on Molex solutions, please visit http://www.dee-
# # #
Dee Electronics is a Value-Added Integrator, experts in Cost Savings, Supplier Reduction, Value-added services, Integrated Supply, and extensive distribution services.