What: Launch of Scrumptious Home Baking – the charity’s first recipe book with all proceeds going direct to the charity
Where: The Dolphin Shopping Centre, Poole – outside Marks & Spencer
When: Sunday 13 November, 10.30am until 4pm
Details: Reham Khan, BBC South Today weather presenter and ambassador of the charity, will launch Scrumptious Home Baking – which includes recipes submitted by the local community and celebrities including Chris Jarvis, Duncan James and Dermot O’Leary’s restaurant, Fishy Fishy.
Diverse Abilities Plus, the only local charity that provides lifetime support to children and adults with varying disabilities across Dorset, has created and is launching a recipe book full of tempting treats on November 13. The launch is taking place in The Dolphin Shopping Centre with the charity’s ambassador Reham Khan, the South Today weather presenter.
Those attending the launch can get involved in fun activities including Children’s Decorate a Cupcake; adult decorating workshops and cooking demonstrations with Diverse Abilities Plus and Reham Khan. Reham will be on hand, in the morning of the launch, to sign recipe books and you can meet representatives from White Pepper Cookery School, Chococo and Corfe Cakes and Bakes, who all were involved with the creation of the recipe book.
Scrumptious Home Baking includes recipes from some well known faces including actor Chris Jarvis, Duncan James from Blue, Dermot O’Leary’s restaurant, Fishy Fishy and BBC South Today weather presenter, Reham Khan. Adults and children who are supported by the charity, and their families, staff of Diverse Abilities Plus and local chefs also contributed to the recipe book.
The book includes five chapters and each contains ten recipes each. Chapters include Afternoon Tea; Chocolate Indulgence; Cold Desserts; Comfort Cooking and Cooking with Kids.
Helen Alexander, Fundraising Manager at the charity, said: “A recipe book of yummy cakes is a great and tasty way for people to support the charity. If you are stuck on ideas on what to buy loved ones this festive season, then Scrumptious Home Baking is an ideal present. So come to the launch, be the first to buy the book and have some fun with us.”
The recipe book will be available on 13 November for just £9.95. It can also be purchased directly from Diverse Abilities Plus by calling 01202 718266 or emailing scrumptious@
For further information on Diverse Abilities Plus please visit www.diverseabilitiesplus.org.uk or call 01202 718266.
Diverse Abilities Plus is a charity that has been supporting children and adults with Cerebral Palsy and associated disabilities working in the County of Dorset, England for 55 years. The charity provides a range of assistance, support and education services for young people aged two to 19, adults and families. Services include:
• Langside School – independent, non maintained specialist day school for children and young people from the age of two to 19 years who have PMLD (profound and multiple learning disabilities)
• Smithers – provides overnight and day short breaks. Short breaks help families manage the challenges of providing full time care for their child. A visit can be during the day or a ‘sleep over’ allowing the child to make and meet friends and relax and enjoy themselves.
• Shapes – provides home support (domiciliary care) for children and young people aged between two and 18 with individually tailored programs.
• Project My Time – provides child-led holiday activities that give young people with disabilities the same leisure and fun opportunities that their peers enjoy.
• Barnabas – a well equipped day setting for adults. Adults can learn new skills and enjoy a wide range of experiences.
• Supported living – this service is for people who live in their own home but may need up to 24/7 support.
• Disability Wessex - offers assistance with disability benefits for people with disabilities or chronic and acute health conditions and their families or carers, as well as the parents of disabled children.
• Play Opportunities - supports families with disabled children to have a chance to get out and enjoy themselves with other families in similar situations.
• Awesome Days and Awesome Nights – A youth group, set up and run by young people of all abilities, aged between 13 - 19 years.
• Face 2 Face – a free and confidential network of trained volunteer befrienders, who support parents to make positive adjustments to the news that their child has a disability or additional need. Every Face2Face befriender is a parent whose own child has a disability. They know what it's like to cope with a new diagnosis and can offer support parent to parent.
The charity was founded in 1955 by Mrs Phyllis Edwards who formed a group of parent’s intent on providing better opportunities for their children with physical and learning disabilities.
Visit Diverse Abilities Plus Facebook page at www.facebook.com/
For more information
Contact: Zoe Hiljemark, PR Account Director / Jenny Pearce, Senior PR Account Executive
Tel: +44 (0) 1202 777111 / +44 (0) 7770 924439
Address: Marketing Matters, Unit C, Acorn Business Park, Ling Road, Poole, Dorset, UK, BH12 4NZ
# # #
Marketing Matters is an integrated creative, digital and PR agency based in Poole, Dorset. We work across a range of sectors, specialising in marine, property, charity and B2B clients on a national and international level.