PRLog - Oct. 26, 2011 - BINX LOPEZ
Brent Lopez is an inspirational rap artist based out of Omaha, Nebraska. Growing up he witnessed many things and has been a ranking member of an organized gang. Brent Lopez (aka Binx Lopez) has been writing poetry and music since the first time her was incarcerated when he was 12. Through his young life he has been in and out of jail up until the age of 21. There were many times when the streets’ code won pulling him directions that would threaten his life and his sanity. Finally it was divine intervention that saved Binx Lopez. He’s learned many lessons in his life along the way. His inspirational music touched people’s lives no matter where you come from or who you were. Binx has been performing in many different places around the country. People tell him he’s gifted in so many ways. The last for yours of his life he has been focused on two things; reaching for his dreams and telling people that they should do the same. Currently Binx Lopez is running a program for at risk youth in detention centers and schools. Binx Lopez found his mission in life. “God put me on this earth to write hits and collect dreams”.
Binx Lopez’s debut CD “Myrical Child” is a magical compilation of songs full of inspiration and hope. His lead single off this CD is “Same Old Thang”. This single reflects his CD by telling people he’s not your typical rapper. He’s in this game to send messages through his music. “This particular song is about how music is constantly about money or rims or chains, etc.”, states Binx. This song has a great smooth beat to it with great rimes and wonderful lyrics that play off each other. It has plenty of catch verses that you’ll find yourself just singing in the middle of the day and just moving your body to that hot beat.
Binx Lopez has this smooth sultry beat and rhythms to his songs. It’s that Lopez swagger that’s catchy.
Binx Lopez has accomplished quite a few accolades:
• He performed live on NTV/ABCV’s The Good Life.
• His hit single “Same Old Thang was voted HOT! Live on Power 106.9fm.
• He did an introduction to the song for KQCH Channel 94.1’s Big Party Morning Show.
• He also has several letters of recommendation about both his music and how he’s planning on spreading the word.
• He was recognized by the Nebraska Arts Council
• December, 2010, Health and Human Services gave him the cover page to their monthly newsletter
• He has been on the front page of the Kearney Hub newspaper
• His Book of Dreams that he collected from young men in the detention centers. He has received numerous standing ovations from prisoners who in return wrote their dreams and handed it to him.
“Myrical Child” is available in both digital and physical formats. Binx Lopez’s music can be heard and/or purchased by logging onto most digital storefronts including but not limited to:
www.promofm.com (Search: Binx Lopez)
Binx Lopez is currently working with A & R Select based in West Hollywood, Ca. for licensing, publishing, a record deal and/or placement opportunities. For additional information, please contact them at:
# # #
A & R Select is a promotional and placement company for musicians all over the world. Based in Hollywood, Ca., they have a strategic location for all musicians as they continually flock to that area of the world for recognition and stardom.