Just last week, the Chicago Tribune reported that four people were sent to the hospital when a patient in a dentist’s office complained of chest pains. When firefighters responded they also discovered the dentist was experiencing health conditions as well as a couple in a second story apartment. Several days prior, NBC Connecticut published a story of about five children and four adults being sent to a Connecticut hospital suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless and toxic gas. Because it is impossible to see, taste or smell carbon monoxide, it can kill before anyone is aware that it is even in a building. Many IAQ professionals provide testing services for carbon monoxide and other gases to ensure indoor environments are safe for building occupants.
“The effects of carbon monoxide exposure can vary greatly from person to person depending on age, overall health and the concentration and length of exposure,” reported Brian Mcfarland, Vice President from Legends Environmental Insurance, a leading provider of insurance coverage to the IAQ industry. “There are many indoor environmental professionals that Legends ensures that provide onsite testing services for carbon monoxide. When elevated levels are found it is critical to identify the source and immediately fix the problem,” he continued.
Legends endorses an educational video about carbon monoxide dangers in the home. It can be seen at: http://www.youtube.com/
To learn more about Legends Environmental Insurance Services, please visit: http://www.Legends-
# # #
About Legends Environmental Insurance Services, LLC
Legends Environmental Insurance Services is nationally recognized as an innovator in providing environmental and restoration insurance programs. The company has over 30 years experience providing these services in all 50 states.