PRLog - Oct. 24, 2011 - FARNHAM, U.K. -- The Nylabone UK ‘Make Us Smile’ Facebook competition, invited dog owners from across the UK to share video clips of their pets demonstrating how they bring a smile to the face of their owner and others!
Pelucchi, the one year old Yorkshire Terrier from Berkshire, loves life and always has a smile on his face. The winning video captures this special dog demonstrating his individual ‘canine character’.
As the winning entry, Pelucchi, will become the Nylabone UK Face of Facebook – featured as the mascot for the Nylabone UK Facebook page for 2011/12 as well as being given £200 worth of Nylabone products and a chance to test products before they come to market for one year. The two runners up will also receive a hamper of Nylabone products as a prize.
Facebook users entered the competition by submitting a YouTube video link to the Nylabone UK Facebook page at www.facebook.com/
The three publicly voted finalists’ videos were judged by representatives from Nylabone UK, PetPlanet.co.uk, leading pet charity The Blue Cross, Vet Practice of the Year 2011 – Emerson’s Green Veterinary Surgery and Pet Smile Month organiser, Bob Partridge. The judging criteria include:
- how well the clip captures the dog’s personality
- demonstration of a happy, healthy dog
- the extent they say it can ‘Make Us Smile’.
The competition aimed to increase the awareness of the importance of dental disease and the harm that it does to our pets, as well as to encourage better dental care (both treatment and prevention) and thus to improve the health and well being of our pets.
For further information and to find a local stockist, go to: http://www.interpet.co.uk/
For press enquiries, contact thebluedoor:
Tel: 01252 899969 / Email: Richard Woods email@example.com
Toni O’Sullivan firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors:
• Nylabone is the international market leader in nylon dog and puppy chews with 50 years heritage – it is proven and trusted amongst dog lovers worldwide
• Over 100 million Nylabone chews sold every year worldwide
• 89% of vets recommend Nylabone
• Nylabone has the largest range of nylon dog chews on the market, with six sizes and a variety of chew options in each size category
• Nylabone has over 20 product lines designed specifically for puppies
• Nylabone offers 100% customer satisfaction guarantee on all its chews
• Nylabone chews contain 100% natural flavouring, flavoured throughout
• For more details about Nylabone visit:
• The Nylabone brand is owned by Interpet Ltd
• Interpet offers one of the largest pet and aquatic product ranges, incorporating 12 different brands including: Interpet, Blagdon, Kent Marine, Mikki, PetLove, PetSafe, Four Paws, Super Pet and Nylabone
• For more details about Interpet visit: www.interpet.co.uk
• PetPlanet.co.uk Limited is part of M8 Group Ltd, a privately held company based in Livingston, Scotland
• Founded in 1999 PetPlanet.co.uk has long been recognised as the market leader in the pet sector in the UK
• Some stats about PetPlanet.co.uk (as of 23/08/11)
• Number of registered members: 814,077
• Number of customer product reviews posted: 37,835
• PetPlanet.co.uk averaged 50% annual revenue growth over the three years from 2007 to 2010
• Along with sister company www.greenfingers.com, PetPlanet.co.uk has helped make M8 Group Ltd one of the fastest growing private companies in the UK. This achievement was recognised by the Sunday Times who included PetPlanet.co.uk in their Fast Track 100 in 2010
• For more information visit: www.petplanet.co.uk
About the judges:
• The Blue Cross is one of the UK’s leading animal charities, helping thousands of sick and homeless pets and horses every year. The charity receives no government funding so it relies on public donations to support its vital work. Interpet kindly supports The Blue Cross through donations of pet accessories for sale at its charity shops across the UK
• Pet Smile Month organiser, Bob Partridge: http://www.petsmile.org/
- ENDS -