PRLog - Oct. 20, 2011 - BOSTON -- The Knowledge Foundation has announced that a record number of organizations from around the world will participate in the 2nd Battery Safety and 7th Lithium Battery Power conferences in Las Vegas, NV from November 7-10, 2011.
Li Battery Power and Battery Safety Logo
More than 160 organizations have already confirmed their participation at these events (see below for complete list).
7th Lithium Battery Power
According to Dr. Serge Pann, Vice President of Science & Technology at the Knowledge Foundation, "Recent significant innovations have propelled lithium-ion battery technology to a position in the marketplace far exceeding initial expectations. From a vast array of portable applications, to micro medical devices, to high-power automotive, these breakthroughs have paved the way for an emerging market with unlimited potential."
Drawing upon more than ten years of tracking developments in lithium battery and fuel cell research, Lithium Battery Power 2011 will guide delegates from technology and materials development, through device packaging and integration, to applications in a mobile power marketplace. Program topics include:
• New chemistries & materials to increase energy & decrease cost
• Meeting the EV challenge: cycle life, power & energy, cost and safety
• Advanced materials for improved electrode & electrolyte performance
• Advanced technology for greater safety, reliability and performance
• From novel materials and components to systems design and integration
• Role of nanotechnology in improving power and energy density
2nd Battery Safety
Widely publicized safety incidents and recalls of lithium-ion batteries have raised legitimate concerns regarding lithium-ion battery safety. Battery Safety 2011 is conveniently timed with Lithium Battery Power 2011 and will address these concerns by exploring the following topics:
• Major battery degradation and reliability factors
• Battery management systems
• Commercial cell evaluation and failure analysis
• Advances in testing techniques and protocols
• High-throughput testing, automation and modeling for improved safety
• Regulatory issues
• K.M. Abraham, PhD, E-KEM Sciences
• Brian Barnett, PhD, TIAX LLC
• Marty Bradley, PhD, The Boeing Company
• Kirill Bramnik, PhD, BASF Corporation
• Ralph Brodd, PhD, Kentucky-Argonne Battery Manufacturing R&D Center
• Ratnakumar Bugga, PhD, California Institute of Technology
• Ken Chisholm, Vecture, Inc.
• Gitanjali DasGupta, Electrovaya
• Ann Edwards, PhD, Porous Power Technologies
• Jim Hodge, PhD, K2 Energy Solutions, Inc.
• Judith Jeevarajan, PhD, NASA Johnson Space Center
• Steven Kaye, PhD, Wildcat Discovery Technologies
• Shanthi Korutla, PhD, International Battery, Inc.
• Brian Landi, PhD, Rochester Institute of Technology
• Eun-Ah Lee, Korea University
• Corey Love, PhD, U.S. Naval Research Laboratory
• Celina Mikolajczak, PE, Exponent
• Partha Mukherjee, PhD, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
• Jacob Muthu, PhD, International Battery
• Ganesan Nagasubramanian, PhD, Sandia National Laboratories
• Tom O'Hara, Intertek
• Taku Onishi, PhD, Mie University
• Christopher Orendorff, PhD, Sandia National Laboratories
• Sanjay Patel, PhD, Evan Analytical Group
• Ahmad Pesaran, PhD, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
• Hyo-Ree Seo, Korea University
• Jasbir Singh, PhD, HEL Ltd.
• Kandler Smith, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
• Mahmood Tabaddor, PhD, Underwriters Laboratories Inc.
• Saburo Tanaka, PhD, Toyohashi University of Technology
• Jonathan Taylor, GrafTech International
• Hisashi Tsukamoto, PhD, Quallion LLC
• Chao-Yang Wang, PhD, Pennsylvania State University
• Xiao-Jun Wang, PhD, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
• Clinton Winchester, PhD, Naval Surface Warfare Center
• Jian Xie, PhD, Indiana University - Purdue University Indianapolis
• Rachid Yazami, PhD, Nanyang Technological University
• Karim Zaghib, PhD, Hydro-Québec Research Institute
• Yimin Zhu, PhD, Nanosys, Inc.
More Than 160 Organizations to Participate
Acme Aerospace Inc.
Advanced Battery Technology
Argonne Battery Manufacturing R&D Center
Argonne National Laboratory
BASF Future Business GmbH
Battery Power Magazine
BS&B Safety Systems
C&D Technologies Inc.
California Institute of Technology
CEA - LITEN
China Automotive Review
Chonnam National University
Concorde Battery Corporation
Crane Aerospace & Electronics
Detroit Testing Lab
Dow Corning Corporation
DRS Tactical Systems
DSTL Porton Down
ESCG, NASA Johnson Space Center
Evan Analytical Group
French Alternative Energies & Atomic Energy Commission
Frost & Sullivan
GFS Chemicals, Inc.
GN ReSound A/S
House of Batteries
Hydro-Quebec Research Institute
Industrial Technology Research Institute
ITN Energy Systems
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Johnson Controls, Inc.
K2 Energy Solutions
Kobelco Research Institute
Lithium Balance A/S
Lockheed Martin Nanosystems
Lubrizol Advanced Materials
Magna eCar Systems
Malik Electric Company
Manz USA, Inc.
Mercedes Benz R&D
Moog Space & Defense Group
Nanyang Technological University
NASA Glenn Research Center
NASA Johnson Space Center
NASA Langley Research Center
Naval Surface Warfare Center
NGA - National Geospatial Intelligence
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Oceaneering Space Systems
Pennsylvania State University
Porous Power Technologies
PPG Industries, Inc.
Purdue University Indianapolis
Rocherster Institute of Technology
Samsung US R&D
Sandia National Laboratories
SGS Consumer Testing Services
Shmuel De-Leon Energy, Ltd.
Showa Denko America
Solvay Fluor GmbH
Sumitomo Corporation of America
Sungshin Women's University
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
Taiwan National Central University
Tarrant County College
Thermal Hazard Technology
Toyohashi University of Technology
Triathlon Batterien GmbH
TUM CREATE Limited
University of California - Davis
University of Southern California
US Department of Defense
US Naval Research Laboratory
Wildcat Discovery Technologies
Yardney Technical Products
About The Knowledge Foundation
The Knowledge Foundation integrates scientific ingenuity and real-world applications by fostering collaborative research at the rapidly changing intersection of science and business. Known for providing members of its Technology Commercialization Alliance with direct and unbiased state-of-the-
2193 Commonwealth Ave., Suite 398
Boston, MA 02135-
Phone: (617) 232-7400 Fax: (617) 232-9171
# # #
The Knowledge Foundation integrates scientific ingenuity and real-world applications by fostering collaborative research at the rapidly changing intersection of science and business.