When asked if he's worried about the over-exposure he's receiving from such a ubiquitous media presence, the veteran actor replied, "You know I've tried the under-exposure thing for many years, and quite frankly, I prefer the predicament of over-exposure better!"
Having recently sealed a talent development deal with Gigapix Studios (producer of Comedy Central's WORKAHOLICS)
Please find below an informational sheet on Nigam's participation in both JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE! and in the MetroPCS "Tech & Talk" campaign.
JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE!: Outsourcing Jokes from "Indian Call Center Guys"
Could the Kimmel Indian Call Center Guys Have a Spin-off in the Works?
After his performance as the lead in the "Indian Call Center Guys" sketches on the ABC talk show JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE! was such a hit when it debuted last year, South Asian actor Anjul Nigam has become a staple on the show, appearing in no less than ten episodes. In fact, the skits, posted on Youtube's Jimmy Kimmel Live Channel where each episode is segmented into sketches, are consistently the highest viewed for the night in which they appear.
The ongoing setup is that Kimmel has outsourced a company in India to write jokes for his show, and Nigam portrays supervisor of the call center in India communicating via Skype, the online video-conferencing service. With immense enthusiasm and charisma, Nigam answers the calls with a product's name and tagline, but inevitably has to correct himself when he learns that it's the talk show host on the line: "Sorry, Mr. Kimmy. Jimmy Kimmel Joke Hotline, how may I help you?" Meanwhile, Nigam's character has dubbed his sidekick "Number One Joke Teller" and "Master of Tomfoolery", and given him the duty of announcing the jokes that Kimmel has requested by reading them from a paper.
Could there be an ABC spin-off television series in the works with Nigam? "Kimmy's Angels" or "Skyping India" could be possible titles.
Selected Sketches of "Indian Call Center Guys" on JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE!
• Jimmy Kimmel Skypes "Indian Call Center Guys" for Chris Christie Jokes: http://www.youtube.com/
• Jimmy Kimmel Skypes Indian Call Center for Anthony Weiner Joke: www.youtube.com/
• Jimmy Kimmel Skypes Indian Call Center for Gandhi Joke: http://www.youtube.com/
• Jimmy Kimmel Skypes Indian Call Center for NBA Finals' Prediction Joke: (link available by request)
• Jimmy Kimmel Skypes Indian Call Center for Chinese Astronaut Joke: (link available by request)
• Jimmy Kimmel Skypes Indian Call Center for Tim Urban Joke: (link available by request)
• Jimmy Kimmel Again Skypes Indian Call Center for Tax Day and Larry King Jokes: (link available by request)
• Jimmy Kimmel Skypes Indian Call Center for Tiger Woods Joke: (link available by request)
ABOUT JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE!
Emmy-winner Jimmy Kimmel serves as host and executive producer of “Jimmy Kimmel Live”, ABC Television Network’s distinctive late-night talk show. The show features a diverse lineup of guests, including celebrities, athletes, comedians, politicians and human interest subjects. The show originates from Disney’s El Capitan Entertainment Center, located on Hollywood Boulevard in the heart of LA’s star studded Walk of Fame. This illustrious location is featured prominently in the show as Kimmel showcases the unique character of Hollywood. “Jimmy Kimmel Live” airs Weeknights, 12:05-1:05 a.m., ET.
MetroPCS "Tech & Talk With Ranjit and Chad"
If you've been watching television, listening to the radio, exploring YouTube or following Twitter chatter at all, you're sure to have heard of "Ranjit and Chad", two tech-savy Indian characters that appear in a series of commercials and radio spots for the cell phone provider MetroPCS. Launched in early 2010, the company has realized increased earnings in five consecutive quarters since the multi-million dollar "Tech & Talk" campaign started. In fact, in describing the wireless provider's earnings, a headline on StreetInsider.com declared "Ranjit and Chad Put Up Some Good Numbers". As an essential ingredient in some of the most daring, attention-grabbing and memorable advertisements in years, Ranjit and Chad have garnered significant interest from various media outlets including personal appearance requests for the two actors who portray the characters.
The setup is two Indian guys have their own television talk show called "Tech & Talk With Ranjit and Chad". People seeking tech advice either visit the two in their TV studio recording in front of a live audience or call-in during the show. The guys expound sage wisdom colored with catch-phrases like "Sweet Holy Moly!", "Holy Shishkabab!" and "It's a Telecom Miracle!", and inevitably, the duo lead all discussions back to the benefits of being with MetroPCS. Nigam portrays Ranjit, the straight arrow, “bottom-line, results” guy of the pair to which Chad serves as the more extroverted bouncing board. An odd couple of sort, the duo is an entertaining delight to watch. Don't be surprised if there's a television series that evolves from the campaign. The duo's wardrobe is yet to be determined.
Selected Spots from MetroPCS "Tech & Talk With Ranjit and Chad" Campaign
• Declaration (30 sec): http://www.youtube.com/
• Formula (30 sec): http://www.youtube.com/
• Interview (30 sec): http://www.youtube.com/
• Chadroid (15 sec): http://www.youtube.com/
• Solo (30 sec): http://www.youtube.com/
• Slideshow (30 sec): http://www.youtube.com/
• Trapped (30 sec): http://www.youtube.com/
• Chad's Family (15 sec): http://www.youtube.com/
• Spicy News (30 sec): http://www.youtube.com/
• Charmer (30 sec): http://www.youtube.com/
• Shaming (30 sec): http://www.youtube.com/
• Relationship Woes (30 sec): http://www.youtube.com/
• Cobra (15 sec): http://www.youtube.com/
• Donkey (15 sec): http://www.youtube.com/
CAMPAIGN CREATORS of MetroPCS "Tech & Talk With Ranjit and Chad"
Jason Arentsen and Kiran Koshy
The Richards Group
8750 N. Central Expressway, Suite 1200
Dallas, TX 75231
ABOUT METROPCS COMMUNICATIONS, INC.
Dallas-based MetroPCS Communications, Inc. (NYSE: PCS) is a provider of no annual contract, unlimited wireless communications service for a flat-rate. MetroPCS is the fifth largest facilities-based wireless carrier in the United States based on number of subscribers served. With Metro USA(SM), MetroPCS customers can use their service in areas throughout the United States covering a population of over 280 million people. As of June 30, 2011, MetroPCS had approximately 9.1 million subscribers. For more information please visit www.metropcs.com.
MJM Public Relations