PRLog - Oct. 17, 2011 - NEW YORK -- Private Equity Happy Hour New York City, http://www.PEHappyHour.com, , will congregate Tuesday October 18 the most interesting mix of professionals in the private equity world, for an evening of networking and cocktails. General partners, limited partners, and individual and institutional investors, among others, will be in attendance for the world’s best networking in the private equity community. Private Equity Happy Hour receptions are great opportunities for them to speak with unprecedented candidness about their trade, both opportunities and challenges.
As reported by Bloomberg’s Anne-Sylvaine Chassany, private-equity firms are sitting on $937 billion in unspent capital, with more than 20 percent in funds that usually would have to invest the money within about two years, according to Preqin Ltd.
Funds raised in 2008 have $204 billion in so-called dry powder as economic uncertainty and a tight deal market led them to delay some investing, the London-based research firm said today in a statement. With an average investment period of five years, these funds will be under pressure to put the money to work and avoid asking clients for extensions, Preqin said.
“Recent years have been characterized by private-equity managers delaying their investments for longer than before,” Alex Jones, a Preqin analyst, said in the statement. “The industry could see a repeat of the flurry of deals and exit activity that took place throughout 2010 as managers put this cash to work and realize their investments.”
Private Equity Happy Hour New York City is produced by Golden Networking (http://www.goldennetworking.net), the premier networking community for business executives, entrepreneurs and investors. Upcoming Golden Networking's Forums and Business Receptions include:
• Private Equity Happy Hour New York (http://pehappyhour.com), October 19, New York
• High-Frequency Trading Happy Hour Hong Kong (http://hfthappyhourhongkong.eventbrite.com), October 27, Hong Kong
• High-Frequency Trading Happy Hour Singapore (http://hfthappyhoursingapore.eventbrite.com)
• High-Frequency Trading Happy Hour London (http://hfthappyhourlondon.eventbrite.com)
• Hedge Funds Happy Hour New York (http://www.hfhappyhour.com)
• High-Frequency Trading Happy Hour New York (http://www.hfthappyhour.com)
• The Speed Traders Workshop 2011 Singapore, "The Present and Future of High-Frequency Trading" (http://thespeedtradersworkshopsingapore.eventbrite.com)
• High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2011 Singapore, "How Speed Traders Leverage Cutting-Edge Strategies in the Post-Flash Crash World" (http://hftleadersforumsingapore.eventbrite.com)
• The Speed Traders Workshop 2011 Hong Kong, "The Present and Future of High-Frequency Trading" (http://thespeedtradersworkshophk.eventbrite.com)
• High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2011 Hong Kong , "How Speed Traders Leverage Cutting-Edge Strategies in the Post-Flash Crash World" (http://hftleadersforumhongkong.eventbrite.com)
• The Speed Traders Workshop 2011 Sao Paulo, "The Present and Future of High-Frequency Trading" (http://thespeedtradersworkshopsaopaulo.eventbrite.com)
• High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2011 Sao Paulo, "How Speed Traders Leverage Cutting-Edge Strategies in the Post-Flash Crash World" (http://hftleadersforumsaopaulo.eventbrite.com)
Golden Networking has been frequently featured in the press, including recent articles in The Wall Street Journal, "Happy Hour for High-Frequency Trading", The New York Times, "Golden Networking Helps Job Seekers Make Overseas Connections"