In her book, BoomerPreneurs:
Following are a sample of Featured Entrepreneurs stories:
• Retiring after 30 years with Southwestern Bell Telephone Company, Bill VanDeBerghe’
• After losing her job, Delena Stout looked to her pets for inspiration and opened a pet nutrition and bath store. Her business has now grown to three locations.
“Starting a business when you are in your 50s and 60s is different than doing so when you are in your 20s and 30s,” Izard states. “BoomerPreneurs helps readers navigate these differences and start their own business while at the same time protecting their retirement nest eggs and financial resources.”
BoomerPreneurs is both a book to read and a guide to business start up. Responding to key questions and completing worksheets within each chapter prepares readers to determine:
• What factors should those over the age of 50 consider when starting their own businesses?
• Is starting your own business the right thing for you?
• How can you minimize the risks
involved in starting a business?
• How do you come up with an idea for a business or, if you have one, know that it fits you and the marketplace?
• How do you evaluate the feasibility and viability of your business idea?
• What research should you do and what type of business plan should you write?
• What steps do you take to get started
Regardless of the situation that brings someone to the point of being ready to take on the new and exciting challenge of creating and operating a business, the planning process and tips in BoomerPreneurs lays a strong foundation for entrepreneurial success.
MEET THE AUTHOR: Author, consultant, professor emeritus of entrepreneurship, and entrepreneur, Mary Beth Izard knows the challenges of starting a business and has over 30 years experience working with entrepreneurs to do so.
She was a member of Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation’s curriculum development team for their nationally recognized FastTrac® Programs and their college entrepreneurship course, Planning the Entrepreneurial Venture.
Other books by Izard include Finding the Shoe That Fits and Opportunity Analysis.
Business Ideas: Identification and Evaluation
A Baby Boomer herself, Izard has been involved in a number of entrepreneurial ventures, including a limited liability real estate company, a light manufacturing company and a consulting firm.
# # #
Acheve Consulting Inc. helps aspiring entrepreneurs learn to start businesses and early stage entrepreneurs grow their businesses through their consulting and start-up books. BoomerPreneurs: