“We’re proud to bring AV Week to Oregon and more specifically, Beaverton, by sharing what we do with our community,” said Steve Metzger, President of Biamp Systems. “The use of audio systems in public spaces impacts everything from sporting events, to business conferences, public safety, transportation, and countless other important uses. The audio industry improves people’s lives in many ways and AV Week gives us the chance to showcase that technology. It also allows us to share the message that world-class products are being engineered and manufactured by the great people of Oregon.”
AV Week is devoted to broader education about a $75 billion worldwide industry. The proclamations made by Oregon State Governor John Kitzhaber and the mayor of Beaverton, Denny Doyle, bring attention to the following aspects of the AV industry:
• AV equipment and services are used to protect our nation's security through command and control facilities.
• Millions of students on the K-12 level and in the collegiate setting are receiving an enhanced educational experience through use of AV information communications technology.
• The audio/visual industry provides entertainment value to millions of sports fans and concert goers.
• The audio/visual industry allows companies to meet with customers, shareholders and others around the world without leaving their boardroom.
• Networked digital signage helps consumers receive critical information in real-time.
• AV solutions providers work with architects and building owners to create buildings that are safer, more comfortable, productive and efficient.
In addition to opening its doors to the public, Biamp is hosting a group of engineering students from the University of Portland on October 21.
For more information about AV Week (http://www.infocomm.org/
# # #
Biamp Systems is a leading provider of innovative, networked media systems that power the world’s most sophisticated audio/video installations. The company is recognized worldwide for delivering high-quality products and backing each product with a commitment to exceptional customer service.
The award-winning Biamp product suite includes the Tesira® media system for digital audio networking, Audia® Digital Audio Platform, Nexia® digital signal processors, Sona™ AEC algorithm, and Vocia® critical paging and life safety system. Each has its own specific feature set that can be customized and integrated in a wide range of applications, including corporate boardrooms, conference centers, performing arts venues, courtrooms, hospitals, transportation hubs, campuses and multi-building facilities.
Founded in 1976, Biamp is headquartered in Beaverton, OR, USA, with additional engineering operations in Brisbane, Australia. For more information on Biamp, please visit www.biamp.com.