“The cafe era is over. Starbucks is not your office, and hotel lobbies are not conference rooms. It's now possible to find a productive workspace almost anywhere you need one. It just makes sense," said OpenDesks CEO and founder Chris DiFonzo.
The US workforce has the highest percentage of mobile workers with over 100 million mobile workers today. Mobile work trends, including coworking, teleworking, workshifting, and office sharing are rapidly changing how people and organizations define "workspace."
OpenDesks' free App provides choice, mobility, flexibility, and simplicity to empower mobile workers to find the space they need, when they need it, entirely on demand with no upfront cost.
"Being productive is more essential than ever, and everyone knows non-optimal settings hurt productivity,”
DiFonzo added that bigger companies are also getting on board the on-demand office space trend: “Employers tell us 'If I can put my $100k per year employee at a desk for a few hours for $35 - $50, versus futzing around in a hotel lobby, it's a no brainer.' We hear this frequently."
OpenDesks' Mobile Capabilities include:
• One click on "Use My Current Location" finds all nearby locations
• Search by [City, State] or postal code when planning for other locations
• Spaces are color-coded to identify six types of workspace (Shared Workspaces, Co- Working Sites, Serviced Offices, Business Centers, Conference Centers, and Incubators)
• Two-click booking and payment after setting up your booking profile
• Book desks, conference rooms, meeting spaces, or quick visits between meetings
With 700 active spaces throughout the US and Canada, OpenDesks allows mobile workers and the organizations they work for to search, book, and pay for spaces to meet and work. For more information, visit http://www.opendesks.com or call 855.673.6337. Follow OpenDesks on Twitter at @OpenDesks.
# # #
As a mobile, social software company, OpenDesks is committted to building technology that helps people work better, wherever they need to.