Special guest speakers will provide valuable input throughout the day. Author of “Choose Your Story, Choose Your Life,” Dean Erickson says, "The current economic and political climates have created uncertainty in the business community, but this is exactly the right time for entrepreneurs to do more, not less, by reaching out to clients, referral sources and potential partners. Regardless of the macro-economy, we each have to build and grow our own economy." At Meet the Media Day 2011, Erickson will talk about how the personal stories you use to describe yourself affect your entire life and he will provide a glimpse of the success system he is writing about in his next book. Alexander Technique teacher Sharon Jakubecy will make sure attendees are in tune with their bodies and energized for the day with a brief Alexander Technique session. Style and Image Consultant Fawn Cheng will provide tips to help you create the style and wardrobe that best reflects your personal brand and makes you look and feel confident and approachable. Business and Mindset Coach David Neagle, who has taught many people how to build multi-million dollar businesses, will be providing entrepreneurs with information and tools they need to create similar success in their businesses.
PR expert Elia will share her step-by-step publicity system she’s used to book clients with NBC, The Oprah Winfrey Show, CNN, the New York Times, People, Redbook and hundreds of other outlets. Business programs and prizes will be given out throughout the day and Elia will be making one-time only special offers on her publicity programs. She will also be interviewing the media panelists and conducting impromptu media training sessions with courageous guests on stage.
The 12 media panelists will talk about what they like, dislike and seek when being pitched during the event. The expert media panelists at this year’s Meet the Media Day include:
• Frank Baker, California News Editor, Associated Press (LA Bureau)
• Nancie Clare, Editor of LA, the Los Angeles Times Magazine
• Danielle Datu, Associate Editor for the Style Network's website, mystyle.com
• Mandalit del Barco, Assignment Correspondent, NPR (National Public Radio)
• Nicole Dorsey-Straff, Contributing Editor to Organic Spa Magazine and Contributor to Parents, Shape and Ladies' Home Journal
• Stephanie Drachkovitch, Executive Vice President of 44 Blue Productions
• Lisa Garr, Creator and Host of The Aware Show on KPFK
• Steven Gregory, Reporter, Clear Channel Worldwide and KFI-AM
• Shelley Levitt, Managing Editor of The Style Glossy and Contributor to MORE, WebMD, Weight Watchers Magazine, Daily Glow and CBS Watch Magazine
• Peg Moline, Editor-in-Chief, Natural Health and Fit Pregnancy
• Nicole Prentice, Producer, Good Day LA on FOX TV
• Sari Tuschman, Editor-in-Chief, Los Angeles Confidential
Tickets are available in advance only and cost $195 each, or two for $270, making it easy for attendees to bring a friend, spouse or staff member. A continental breakfast and lunch are included.
5% of ticket sales will be donated to the YWCA Santa Monica/Westside to support the work they do to help young girls, teens and women with their personal and professional development programs.
To purchase tickets and to receive Elia’s free publicity guide, visit http://lisaeliapr.com/
Media contact: Jade Calder Phone: 310-479-0217 e-mail: