With a strong creative and strategic design approach, his aims and objectives are always to provide inspiring workplace solutions that enable clients to create corporate communities for their people.
Highlights of his career to date include:
• The successful delivery of a new HQ at 7 More London Riverside (45,000 sqm) for PricewaterhouseCoopers, which achieved a BREEAM ‘Outstanding’
• Attaining the British Council of Offices: National Winner of the 'Fit-out of Workplace Award' at 141 Bothwell Street, Glasgow for PricewaterhouseCoopers.
• The completion of a major building at 20 Bank Street, Canary Wharf, London (46,500 sqm) for Morgan Stanley.
• The completion of new city campus buildings at New Street Square, London (22,300 & 4,000 sqm) for Deloitte.
• The completion of a new HQ at 1 More London Riverside (35,500 sqm) for Ernst & Young, which was the first phase of the Sir Norman Foster development.
Simon commented, “Returning to South East Asia after ten years and joining Woodhead will provide me with a solid platform to advance my commitment to design excellence and environmentally sustainable design solutions, especially as I continue to understand and respond to the way in which people choose to work.”
Woodhead began operations in Singapore in 2000 when it was commissioned for the Interior Architecture and fit-out of Changi Airport Terminal 3. In late 2008, it was commissioned as Interior Design Consultant for Standard Chartered Bank’s Singapore relocation project, the largest workplace project in Singapore at the time.
Woodhead’s Singapore office has grown threefold during this journey on the back of successfully completed projects and now operates a full service design studio serving clients in South East Asia, India, Middle East and beyond. Its growing Workplace portfolio has attracted a client list of leading local and foreign banks as well as multi-national corporations, such as HSBC, Deutsche Bank, Permata Bank in Jakarta, CIMB in KL and Singapore's largest headquarters project for DBS Bank’s relocation to Marina Bay Financial Centre in 2012.
Simon will lead the Singapore Workplace team with design direction on current projects, and provide strategic direction for clients seeking to leverage design as a tool to support the changing ways in which people and organisations work.
# # #
Woodhead is a leading international architecture and interior design consultancy established in Australia in 1927 servicing Australia, South East Asia, India, Middle East & beyond. Its portfolios include Transport, Workplace, Hospitality, Health, Retail.