Understanding the ever-growing demands for accessing, retrieving, and distributing real-time information – to and from the courts, and between appropriate parties – URL’s eFiling platform was specifically designed to provide a more efficient, accurate, and automated way to manage the civil eFiling process. And, since the platform is built on a pure, service-oriented architecture (SOA) and is conformant to national and Electronic Court Filing (ECF) Version 4.0 standards, participating agencies can easily integrate with existing or new systems and applications, including case management systems (CMS), document management systems (DMS), and many others.
“The development of URL’s civil eFiling platform started late last year with Lake County, Illinois, one of URL’s significant and long-standing clients,” says David Usery, URL’s President and CEO. “As development progressed, the solution has now grown into a powerful, configurable system that is guaranteed to eliminate most redundancies and paper dependencies which exit in a conventional paper filing environment. Plus, with URL’s eFiling platform, clients like Lake County, can now take control of their workflow where case information is entered into a system one-time, automatically transmitted, shared, and available among two or more systems.”
URL’s eFiling platform comes with standard features that can be complimented with a suite of electronic “e” features that can be activated or deactivated, based on an agencies unique business requirements and processes.
URL’s eFiling Platform Standard Features:
- Web-based, graphical user interface that serves as the user’s main control center.
- User registration and account settings portal, including management of alerts and notifications.
- One-time entry and automatic transmission and collection of data, legal documents, and case information.
- Search capability that allows users to easily request, access, and view information across the network, based on user’s privileges.
- Complete planning and implementation efforts that surround the integration of other applications and systems, including CMS and DMS.
- A pure, service-oriented architecture (SOA), conformant with national and ECF Version 4.0 standards.
URL’s eFiling Suite of “e” Features:
- eService: electronically triggers method of service documents to be processed, including certified mail, private processor, or sheriff. For a private processor, allows them to retrieve, upload proof of service, and instantly triggers notifications to and from the courts and between appropriate parties.
- eTemplates: a user-friendly, Web-based tool that allows your customers to either instantly create a dynamic version of a case document or select from pre-defined versions that comply with your jurisdiction’
- ePayments: allows courts to securely collect payments, charges, and fees from system users for filing or retrieving copies of documents, and other court services associated with an electronic exchange.
- eSignature: an encrypted and secure process in which an electronic digital signature is produced to automatically sign and authenticate online legal documents and case information by simply entering a personal identification number or using a security token (USB token or key fob).
- eStamping: once court case files have met the court’s system requirements a case file number, date, time, and court endorsement is automatically appended to the case documentation, and is made an official record of the court.
- eClerk: configurable to the specific back office and courtroom tasks, this one-stop shop tool allows clerks to seamlessly administer and manage all eFiling case documents and information.
- eJudge: functions as a virtual docket whereas a judge can instantly sort, retrieve, organize, and annotate case documents, as well as edit proposed orders and issue final orders. This all-in-one tool also allows judges to view history and case information details, including plaintiff and defendant submissions and any related case documents, exhibits, and events.
ABOUT URL INTEGRATION
URL Integration is an award-winning IT consulting company specializing in the planning and implementation of complex, integrated exchange projects. We set ourselves apart from our competition by leveraging and implementing emerging technologies, industry best practices, proven methodologies, and national standards. Our goal is to improve cross-agency collaboration and business performance by establishing real-time and automated information exchanges. To learn more about URL, visit www.urlintegration.com.
# # #
URL Integration is an award-winning IT consulting company specializing in the planning and implementation of complex, information exchange projects for justice and public safety agencies.