1. Latest News
  2. Submit Press Release
  1. PR Home
  2. Latest News
  3. Feeds
  4. Alerts
  5. Submit Free Press Release
  6. Journalist Account
  7. PRNewswire Distribution

New Poll Numbers Show Stenberg Path to Victory in GOP Primary Race

New poll numbers out today show how Don Stenberg can win the Republican nomination to take on Ben Nelson in 2012.

 
 
www.StenbergForSenate.com
www.StenbergForSenate.com
PRLog - Oct. 4, 2011 - “New poll numbers out today show how Don Stenberg can win the Republican nomination to take on Ben Nelson in 2012,” said Dan Parsons, spokesperson for the Stenberg for U.S. Senate campaign.

“Based on today’s poll released by Public Policy Polling, the margin of error is plus or minus 4.9%, giving Don the same support he held in the January poll. However, Jon Bruning’s numbers have plummeted and Deb Fischer has gained ground. This clearly shows what we’ve said all along – Deb Fischer will take votes away from Bruning and thereby help Stenberg win the nomination,” Parsons said.

The other important finding in the Public Policy Polling is that the conservative Republican voters polled favor Bruning by a large margin over Stenberg, presumably because they see Bruning as more conservative.  Conservative Nebraska voters who are carefully following the race see Stenberg as the genuine conservative.  In fact, 70% of Nebraska FreedomWorks members who were polled recently expressed support for Stenberg.  The other 30% was split among Stenberg's four opponents.

“What these polls show is that if the Stenberg campaign can successfully communicate Stenberg's message that he is the genuine, lifelong conservative, he will be the Republican nominee for the United States Senate," Parsons said.

In addition, the Stenberg campaign released an internal memo today that shows Stenberg’s historic base of support in statewide Republican primaries.  http://www.stenbergforsenate.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/...

“Conservative Nebraska Republicans have shown consistent support for Don, averaging 91,247 votes in competitive GOP primaries in three election cycles over the past 10 years. In fact, even in his 2006 primary loss to Pete Ricketts (where Stenberg was outspent ten to one) he garnered more votes than in his 2000 GOP victory. Don Stenberg has a proven Republican primary voter base of more than 91,000 - more than enough to win a five way U.S. Senate primary in Nebraska in 2012,” Parsons said.

According to Parsons, recent support by Nebraska and national tea party members and organizations show a building consensus by those who are closely watching the race that favors Stenberg.

“Last week heavyweight conservatives U.S. Senator Mike Lee and the tea party group FreedomWorks both endorsed Stenberg. And just yesterday, Ken Blackwell, a board of directors member of Club for Growth and the National Rifle Association announced his support for Stenberg.

“Informed conservatives in Nebraska and nationally will help Don Stenberg hold on to his Reagan-tea-party base and win the GOP nomination to take on Ben Nelson next year,” Parsons predicted.

# # #

Mr. Stenberg served as Nebraska Attorney General from 1990-2002 and was elected Nebraska State Treasurer in 2010. GOP U.S. Senate nominee in 2000 against Ben Nelson. Genuine, lifelong conservative. Supports 2nd Amendment, pro-life, balanced budget.

Photo:
http://www.prlog.org/11684002/1

--- End ---

Click to Share

Contact Email:
***@parsonsinc.net Email Verified
Source:Parsons Marketing | PR | Design
Phone:402-509-8100
Zip:68508
City/Town:Lincoln - Nebraska - United States
Industry:Government
Tags:Don Stenberg, u s senate, Jon Bruning, Ben Nelson, poll, conservative, tea party, deb fischer, reagan, nebraska
Shortcut:prlog.org/11684002
Disclaimer:   Issuers of the press releases are solely responsible for the content of their press releases. PRLog can't be held liable for the content posted by others.   Report Abuse

Latest Press Releases By “

More...

Trending News...



  1. SiteMap
  2. Privacy Policy
  3. Terms of Service
  4. Copyright Notice
  5. About
  6. Advertise
Like PRLog?
9K2K1K
Click to Share