WHAT IS FLURINEX
Fluoride has a major role in fighting dental caries. The Fluorinex breakthrough is achieved through a unique two-stage process. The first stage the electric conductivity of the teeth are enhanced, that keeping the teeth at positive polarity throughout the entire procedure. In the second stage the Fluoritray® is filled with the APF gel and contains the anode and cathode for electrical activation of the gel. The Fluorinex operating principle differs from previously proposed "iontophoretic"
The product is being developed as a platform that can be used in the future for additional applications.
• Rapid - the Fluorinex process involves only a few minutes in the dentist's chair.
• Safe - the Fluorinex system controls fluoride release well within approved FDA limits.
• Painless - fluoride application - using Fluorinex - involves, at most, temporary, and very minor discomfort.
• Effective - On-going in-vivo clinical trials have shown that Fluorinex ensures a much higher rate of fluoride uptake than existing commercial gel treatment presently in use.
• Universal - The Fluorinex applicator is suitable for both children and adults.
• Long Lasting - Fluorinex is administered only once a year.
* Fluorinex treatment provides the most advanced prevention
solution to date: Maximum Fluoride application to the teeth - for
the longest endurance
* The application is direct onto the teeth (topical) as opposed
to binded in some constrains systemic application through
medication and water fluorination, which also turns out to be
* The treatment will be administered only once in several years
(2 to 5 years)
* Easy and safe procedure at the dentist clinic
* Can be applied to toddlers and young children with no fear of
* Can be provided also as a home unit for personal use
* The application tray will be disposable
* The procedure is economically beneficial to all parties
involved: dentists, patients, insurance and healthcare providers
* This technology will be used for teeth whitening and other
Fluorinex Whitening system technology
Fluorinex system technology is used to activate the hydrogen peroxide to produce free radicals needed to accelerate tooth bleaching in the whitening gel.
The professional teeth whitening systems in the market are using the light or leaser as a hydrogen peroxide activator, to produce the oxygen radical needed for tooth whitening.
• Shorter duration of treatment - due to its unique operational efficacy
• Less number of treatments - due to its unique operational efficacy
• Better convenience conditions for the patient / user - due to its unique patented double biting device
• Using percentage of active ingredients similar to others
• Achieving close to 100% of shade degrees brightening
How can this help dental health on Isle of Man? On island we have had many debates about water fluoridation so a system of topical fluoridation simply makes common sense.
Dr Tracey Bell, founder of Tracey Bell Clinics and dentist of 18 years said “Due to the recent oral health strategy on the Isle of Man, the new technology of Fluronix is exciting. The ongoing debate over fluoridation of the water system maybe combated with this system of topical fluoridation. It simply makes sense.”
The new strategy going forward would involve improved access to dental care services, better emergency dental services and focusing on prevention rather than cure.
The principal aim of the strategy is to improve children’s oral health on the island; this goal comes in light of worrying statistics, which revealed that more than half of five year olds suffered from tooth decay. Standards of oral health are poor in comparison to England and Wales and ministers are trying to find new ways to improve standards and promote good oral health.
For more information contact Tracey Bell Clinics, Kensington Road, Douglas, Isle of Man IM1 3PE firstname.lastname@example.org 01624 613323
# # #
Founded on providing the highest standards of medical and dental care. The Tracey Bell Clinics offer a comprehensive array of dental, aesthetic, cosmetic medical and weight management solutions.