Nylabone UK has launched its ‘Make Us Smile’ competition (http://www.facebook.com/
Facebook users can enter the Make Us Smile competition simply by entering any form of video showing their dog having fun. Whether captured on a smartphone or video camera, the competition aims to show the fun that healthy and well-cared for dogs can have while promoting the importance of good dental care.
“In the vast majority of cases of periodontal disease, there are little to no outward clinical signs of the disease process,” explains Martin Brice (BVSc, MRCVS) Veterinary Surgeon at Vet Practice of the Year 2011 – Emerson’s Green Veterinary Surgery. “As a result, therapy often comes very late in the disease course. In addition, unchecked periodontal disease has numerous dire consequences for both the dog’s teeth and organs such as kidneys. A homecare programme should involve an appropriate diet, brushing, as well as treats which encourage chewing.”
Nylabone manufactures dog chews, bones, treats and toys designed to meet the chewing needs of any dog, no matter the breed, size or chew strength. The Nylabone DuraChew® range is veterinarian recommended and not only helps to satisfy a dog’s natural urge to chew, but also helps control the build-up of plaque and tartar.
Facebook users can enter the competition by submitting a YouTube video link to the Nylabone UK Facebook page at www.facebook.com/
The clip will be judged on three factors:
- how well the clip captures the dog’s personality
- demonstration of a happy, healthy dog
- the extent they can say it ‘Makes Us Smile’.
The shortlisted finalists will be judged by representatives from Nylabone UK, PetPlanet.co.uk, leading pet charity The Blue Cross, Vet Practice of the Year 2011 – Emerson’s Green Veterinary Surgery and Pet Smile Month organiser, Bob Partridge.
The winner will become the Nylabone UK Facebook page mascot for 2011/12 as well as being given product previews for one year and a great selection of Nylabone and Mikki branded products to celebrate. There will also be prizes for shortlisted entries.
For further information and to find a local stockist, go to: http://www.interpet.co.uk/
For press enquiries, contact thebluedoor:
Toni O’Sullivan / Tel: 01252 899969 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors:
• Nylabone is the international market leader in nylon dog and puppy chews with 50 years heritage – it is proven and trusted amongst dog lovers worldwide
• Over 100 million Nylabone chews sold every year worldwide
• 89% of vets recommend Nylabone
• Nylabone has the largest range of nylon dog chews on the market, with six sizes and a variety of chew options in each size category
• Nylabone has over 20 product lines designed specifically for puppies
• Nylabone offers 100% customer satisfaction guarantee on all its chews
• Nylabone chews contain 100% natural flavouring, flavoured throughout
• For more details about Nylabone visit:
About Interpet: www.interpet.co.uk
• The Nylabone brand is owned by Interpet Ltd
• Interpet offers one of the largest pet and aquatic product ranges, incorporating 12 different brands including: Interpet, Blagdon, Kent Marine, Mikki, PetLove, PetSafe, Four Paws, Super Pet and Nylabone