PRLog (Press Release) - Sep. 28, 2011 - Today’s Caregiver magazine, the nation’s leading magazine for family and professional caregivers since 1995, announced today that it has teamed up with leading incontinence care expert Michelle Mongillo, RN, MSN to host a webinar on incontinence care for family and professional caregivers. The Best Practices: Incontinence care webinar will be held on October 5th, 2011 at 2:30 Eastern time.
As many as 13 million people in the United States are dealing with incontinence. Contrary to popular belief, incontinence is not a normal sign of aging; it may actually be a symptom of other problems such as nerve disorders, loss of sensation and weakening muscles and can also occur due to medications or surgery. Incontinence is often the leading reason for nursing home placement with approximately one half of all residents being incontinent. These concerns have been amplified by the results of a Today’s Caregiver magazine and caregiver.com Healthcare Concerns survey of family caregivers. Other major healthcare concerns include Alzheimer’s disease - 37.8%, Depression - 30%, Cancer - 26% Parkinson’s - 19.4%.
The Best Practices: Incontinence Care webinar’s expert speaker is Michele Mongillo, RN, MSN. Michelle is the Clinical Director for First Quality Products. She has over 20 years of nursing experience in a variety of settings including acute care, head/spinal cord injury rehabilitation and long-term care. Michele has held a variety of roles in Long-Term care including Director of Nursing and Regional Nurse.
What attendees to this complimentary webinar will learn includes:
• Techniques for managing incontinence at home
• Navigating the options to find what works for your family
• How to reduce the frequency of incontinence episodes
• How you can get a better night’s sleep
• Tips for dealing with incontinence and dementia
• How to choose incontinence products
• Recognizing the signs that your loved one is hiding incontinence
Who should attend?
• Caregivers caring for a loved one living with incontinence
• Caregivers of loved one with early diagnosis of Alzheimer’s or other dementias
• Caregivers considering nursing home placement due to incontinence
• Long distance caregivers whose loved ones are dealing with incontinence
• Any caregivers who want to understand more about incontinence solutions
To register for this complimentary webinar, go to http://caregiver.com and click on the Incontinence webinar banner.
# # #
Established in 1995, Caregiver Media Group has become the recognized media authority on caregiving through Today’s Caregiver magazine, Caregiver.com, the Fearless Caregiver Conferences, the award winning book - The Fearless Caregiver: How to Get the Best Care for Your Loved One and Still Have a Life of Your Own, as well as Caregiver Media Group's award winning content and custom publications.
Today’s Caregiver magazine contains cover interviews with celebrity caregivers, articles on caregiving issues and vital resources for all caregivers. Cover interviews have included Clay Walker, Kathy Greenlee, Debbie Reynolds, Dixie Carter, Fran Dresher, Debbie Reynolds, Della Reese, Robert Urich and Clay Aiken. The digital version of the magazine is available free of charges at http://Caregiver.com