The leadership of the Institute comprises professionals with backgrounds and expertise in diverse disciplines, including academics, university teachers, administrators, social researchers, corporate governance and management experts, and legal practitioners. Their Executive Director, Prof. Kenneth Agyeman Attafuah BL, PhD, MA, BA (Hons.) is also the Managing Solicitor and has served as the Commissioner for Human Rights in British Columbia, Canada and was also the UN’s International Technical Advisor to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Liberia (TRC).
They have undertaken projects under the auspices of:
• The Judicial Service of Ghana
• Malawi Human Rights Commission (MHRC)
• German Development Cooperation (GTZ)
• Centre for Development Studies, University of Wales, UK
• Campaign for Good Governance (CGG), Sierra Leone
• Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Centre (KAIPTC)
Interested persons may visit http://www.afrivol.org/
AfriVol volunteers work to support indigenous Ghanaian organizations, promoting social and economic change while developing skills and gaining experiences in our volunteers and interns, which mold them into global citizens.
They hope to provide volunteers and interns with an experience which will be life changing, positive and lasting.