• First, an enthusiastic greeting welcomes and shows appreciation for the customer, making customers feel that they have found someone who is glad to help with a high level of personal service.
• Next is competence. The representative knows how to do the job in a professional, quick and efficient way using all available tools and resources.
• Additionally, the representative is armed with thorough knowledge about what the company offers and gives sound advice without hesitation or wasted time.
• Davis will emphasize the importance of showing genuine interest in the customer and the problem to be solved.
• By listening and asking questions in a step called full discovery, the representative learns enough about the customer’s wants, interests and needs to make a personal recommendation that resonates with the customer and solves the problem in a meaningful way.
• Davis will discuss how a representative with the right attitude toward objections views objections as concerns to work through in partnership with the customer, addressing any objection as a legitimate concern that the representative understands.
• Ultimately, The Quality Conversation approach empowers the representative to present a solution that solves the customer’s problem and makes the close an almost automatic response in which customers have literally sold themselves.
To answer the question of whether or not the Quality Conversation works, Davis will present two examples.
One will show how representatives saved hundreds of subscribers from quitting the Florida Times-Union newspaper in Jacksonville, Fla., over elimination of a popular comic strip.
The other will present the highly positive sales results of a Quality Conversation pilot project at a near-shore outsource call center that is an authorized reseller of a major cable provider’s products and services. The pilot team boosted the closing ratio on all calls by 13 percentage points and the number of multiple sales to one caller by 14 percentage points. Consequently the client call center and its cable company customer are rolling the project out division-wide.
To learn more about Robert C. Davis and Associate's call center training success, visit www.robertcdavis.net/?
# # #
Based in metro Atlanta, Bob Davis and RCDA have completed many successful sales, customer service and retention programs in customer contact centers for clients including AOL, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Bridgevine, Cox Enterprises, the Dallas Morning News, Freedom Communications, Landmark Communications, Lee Enterprises, McClatchy (formerly Knight Ridder), the Miami Herald, Morris Communications, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (PG Multimedia Sales Center), the San Francisco Chronicle and USA TODAY. Davis is a premier customer contact center expert, having worked extensively over 30 years on call center projects with RCDA and a national training/consulting organization. More information is available at http://www.robertcdavis.net/