This Oceania country is also greatly reliant on coal for its electrical power generation as more than 75% of power generation comes through this natural resource, followed by oil, gas and then hydro. The state also claims that by 2020, natural gas will eventually emerge as a chief source for production of electrical power. There is no doubting the fact that Australia's coal is of immaculate quality and hence emits very minor amount of sulphur dioxide when taken into production for electricity. " industry analysis reports "
Focus is being shifted on bringing more of natural gas in use for power production, although coal would continue to be used extensively for the purpose until 2014. Since this has also been a clear cause for almost third of the country's total carbon dioxide emissions, it is high time that Australia starts capitalizing more and more on gas and hydro assets for satisfying its overall power needs.
According to reports, Australia's electricity supply sector has alone made a contribution of over US$ 14 billion to its GDP in the past years. Even though the power generation sector remained abundant and rather superfluous in amount, the excess was left unaccounted for due to system losses.
Residential users are the front runners in the consumer league for power followed by the commercial sector. Australia's gas exporting projects are drawing keen interest from many Asian countries. Further, Prime Minister Julia Gillard dismissing the RSPT can be looked upon as a boon to mining investors as it provides them exemption from the earlier imposed 40% levy on profits, hence making it simpler for every sector from mining, oil and gas to the LNG industry in Queensland to grow.
What would be interesting to watch is how much the Australian power sector will grow in the coming years with a sufficient supply of oil and gas resources in their own backyard.
In this industry scenario, Taiyou Research analyzes the Oil and Gas Industry in Australia. The report covers the following:
• An overview of the energy industry in Asia Pacific, including a market profile, supply and demand scenario for oil, natural gas, and the market for LNG in the region.
• An analysis of the energy industry in Australia.
• An analysis of the oil and gas industry in Australia, including a profile of the oil refineries in Australia, LNG terminals in Australia, and an analysis of the various oil and gas projects in the country.
• Regulations impacting the oil and gas industry in Australia are analyzed. Some of the regulations analyzed include the various licensing rounds, the Carbon Emissions Trading Scheme, condensate taxes, and the Resource Super Profit Tax, amongst others.
• Competition in the industry is analyzed, followed by an analysis of the major industry players. For the major players in the oil and gas industry in Australia, we analyze Apache Corporation, Arrow Energy, BG Group Australia, BHP Billiton, Chevron Australia, ConocoPhillips, ExxonMobil Australia, Origin Energy, Santos Limited, and Woodside Petroleum. For each player we analyze the company overview, business segments, financials, presence in the industry, company strategies, a SWOT analysis and recent developments.
• Industry forecast includes and outlook for oil and gas demand in Australia, outlook for oil and gas reserves, natural gas supply and demand forecast, forecast for LNG and coal bed methane, outlook for the trade of oil products and the refining sector, outlook for import costs, and a forecast for other energy segments. Future challenges that may impact the forecast for the industry are also discussed, along with a forecast for the region's oil and gas industry.
Taiyou Research’s report on the Oil and Gas Industry in Australia is a complete profile of this high growth industry in Australia.
For more information kindly visit :
Global Oil and Gas Exploration and Production
Oil Drilling & Gas Extraction in the US
Contact us at :
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27578668 / +91 22 27579438
Fax: +91 22 27579131
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/
# # #
Bharatbook.com is the leading business information aggregator and an easy access to more than 150,000 market reports.