The Sloan Award honors organizations of all sizes and types that are "using workplace flexibility as a strategy to increase workplace effectiveness and yield positive business results." The awards, now in their eighth year, reviewed workplace policies, practices, and benefits to assess workplace flexibility on a national basis.
WSC offers numerous programs and benefits designed to promote workplace flexibility and assist employees to achieve work-life balance. These include:
• A family friendly work environment offering flexible work schedules including shift changes, hours that accommodate daycare centers, educational and/or other family needs.
• The ability to bring children to work prior to and/or after-school when unforeseen challenges occur.
• Management support with problem solving and working together to overcome ersonal struggles by identifying flexible options whenever possible.
• Initiatives such as day care reimbursement and health care reimbursement plans, leaves of absence, flexible vacations, and the ability to borrow and carry over vacation time.
• Job sharing and telecommuting, including providing lap tops and the ability to work at home utilizing remote desktop; utilization of Skype to connect with employees and customers at other locations; installation of a VOIP (voice over Internet phone) phone system which allows employees to take their phone home or to offsite locations, and smart phones that allow employees access to e-mail and calls virtually anywhere.
Rod Jones, CEO, of WSC firmly believes our employees are our most valuable asset and is committed to providing flexibility and work/life balance to attract and retain the brightest and the best.
Work Skills Corporation has been providing employment and training services to people with barriers to employment for over 38 years. By barrier, we refer to a wide range of individuals from those who simply need help developing a resume to those who need accommodations on a job. In addition to our core business offerings in Employment and Training, we have developed business ventures in Staffing Services through Action Associates and Home Health Care through Action Home Health Care and Alternative Education to students ages 16-19.
Founded in 1973, Work Skills Corporation is a Michigan private non-profit corporation governed by a volunteer Board of Trustees. WSC is CARF accredited and ISO certified. WSC operates in multiple locations including; Brighton, Hazel Park, and Ann Arbor Michigan. To learn more, visit http://www.wskills.com.
# # #
WSC has been providing employment & training services to people with barriers to employment for over 35 years. Founded in 1973, WSC is a Michigan private nonprofit corporation governed by a volunteer Board of Trustees. CARF accredited & ISO certified.