The exclusive pop up ‘Crystal Courtyard’ will set a sophisticated tone for the festive season with its beautiful decorations, oversized lanterns and crystal pea-lights dancing and reflecting in the courtyard’s fountain. The instillation will increase the venue’s capacity for Christmas parties and events to 400 delegates over both floors and, thanks to full indoor heating; it will enable guests to enjoy the courtyard throughout the autumn and winter.
Three metres tall, the structure extends the full length of the courtyard allowing visitors to look out onto the “French Rocco Style Mews House” and enjoy the architectural style of Dartmouth House whilst being completely sheltered from the elements.
Richard Fisher, General Manager of Dartmouth House, said: “Our courtyard is one of the rarest features available in a London venue and is especially popular for receptions during the summer months. We are delighted that its use will now transcend through to winter and the festive party season. Our Christmas packages are following a ‘crystal’ theme, emulating the courtyard’s design to create a dazzling night for all.”
Jo Austin, Head of Sales at Lime Venue Portfolio, continued: “Dartmouth House is one of the most sophisticated venues in our collection, and whilst renowned for its magnificent interior, it is wonderful that guests can now admire the building’s spectacular exterior, regardless of the weather. At Lime Venue Portfolio we believe this will be a big year for Christmas parties as businesses look to reward staff for their hard work during difficult times and The Crystal Courtyard adds to our extensive list of Christmas party solutions.”
Dartmouth House pop up ‘Crystal Courtyard’ will be open from: Friday 23rd September – 22nd December 2011.
# # #
About Lime Venue Portfolio and Dartmouth House
- Lime Venue Portfolio is the UK & Ireland’s leading portfolio of unique, sporting and cultural meetings and events venues.
- Lime Venue Portfolio is a subsidiary of the Compass Group PLC, the worlds’ leading food and support services company with annual revenues of over £13.4bn.
- Dartmouth House, home of the English-Speaking Union is an elegant mansion set in the heart of London's Mayfair, providing the perfect setting for hosting meetings & events.
- The original building, constructed in the 16th century, was converted by Lord Revelstoke in the late 19th century, into a beautiful town house with many interesting features.
- The first floor drawing rooms can be used independently or combined to provide space for up to 140 guests for dinner or 200 for a reception. The adjacent Churchill room with its opulent wood panelling possesses a stately presence for events catering for up to 80 guests.