Ford Australia today announced Australian Manufacturer’
"Designed from the ground up, this highly anticipated all-new model range, available in both 4x2 and 4x4, has been comprehensively developed to meet the specific needs of Australian ute and light truck customers," Bob Graziano, President and CEO of Ford Australia said.
"Achieving this meant an Australian-based four-year development programme involving almost 500 engineers from around the Ford world. It also involved exhaustive testing in some of the world's harshest operating environments.
"The result: the all-new Ford Ranger is capable, comfortable, powerful, fuel efficient (http://www.ford.com.au/
"It has been designed, engineered and produced to be a leader in its segment and I am certain our customers will agree the moment they get behind the wheel," he said.
Australia will be the first of 180 international markets to release the all-new Ford Ranger when the first models go on sale locally in October.
Australian model range
Australian customers will be able to select from a variety of engines, cab styles, body styles and drive configurations. These are detailed below.
Three cab styles will be available:
• Double cab (four doors): offering car-like comfort and a cabin large enough to seat up to five people
• Super cab (two conventional doors; two rear panel doors): a spacious interior optimised by two conventional doors partnered with the convenience of two opening rear panel doors and no B-pillar, giving easy access behind the front seats
• Single cab (two doors): technology, comfort and load space capability in a well-appointed workhorse
Two body styles will be available:
An all-new family of engines will power the all-new Ranger model line-up. They are:
• 3.2-litre Duratorq TDCi five-cylinder turbo-diesel engine with a maximum torque of 470 Nm and power rated at 147 kW
• 2.2-litre Duratorq TDCi four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine with a peak torque output of 375 Nm and maximum power output of 110 kW
• 2.5-litre Ford Duratec four-cylinder petrol engine producing 226 Nm of torque and an outstanding 122kW of power.
For the first time, turbo-diesel Ranger models will be available with either a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission to provide reduced engine rpm and extend driving range on long highway trips or in city traffic. Petrol models will have a standard-fitment five-speed manual transmission.
The all-new Ranger will be available in 4x2 and 4x4 drive configurations. Added to this will be a 4x2 Hi-Rider variant, which offers 4x2 drive with the same height and ground clearance as the 4x4 model (http://www.ford.com.au/
Convenient electronic shift "on-the-fly"
For maximum traction in off-road conditions, an electronic locking rear differential is fitted to all Wildtrak and XLT 4x4 models as standard equipment. This feature will also be available for the XL 4x4 manual as a factory-fitted option with an MLP of $500. This easy-to-use feature is activated by a simple dashboard-mounted button.
All models in the all-new Ranger line-up come fitted with a raft of active and passive safety features, including:
• Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) with Roll-over Mitigation (ROM); Hill Launch Assist (HLA); traction control; load adaptive control; and trailer sway control
• Anti-lock brakes (ABS)
• Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
• Emergency Brake Assist (EBA)
• Emergency brake lights (that flash during an emergency braking manoeuvre)
Driver and front passenger airbags will be standard equipment on all models. Front seat side airbags and curtain airbags will be standard equipment on all models except the XL single cab chassis, where it will be optionally available for vehicles fitted with front bucket seats.
Driver and passenger Beltminder will be standard on all models, except XL single cab chassis which has a standard driver Beltminder and optional passenger Beltminder
The all-new Ranger's model series is designed to offer customers great value and the right vehicle for their needs. The model series is summarised below.
A modern and well-appointed worker loaded with value and capability. Features include:
• 16-inch steel wheels
• MP3 and iPod2 connectivity
• 4.2-inch multi-function dashboard-mounted colour screen
• Cruise control with steering wheel-mounted buttons
• Power front windows and exterior rear-vision mirrors
• Remote keyless entry
Outstanding truck credentials in a refined and feature-rich package. Features over the XL include:
• 17-inch alloy wheels
• Locking rear differential
• Rain-sensing windscreen wipers
• Dual-zone climate control
• Electrochromatic rear-vision mirror
• Rear parking sensors
• Tray bedliner with integrated 12V socket (double cab only)
• Polished rear roll bar
• Privacy glass
• Cooled centre console
A sporty double-cab pick-up packed with the latest in-car comfort, convenience and technology. Features over the XLT include:
• 18-inch alloy wheels
• Satellite navigation with 5-inch multi-function dashboard-mounted colour display
• Rear-view camera with display in interior rear-view mirror
• Combined leather and fabric upholstery
• Unique sports bar and roof rails
The 4x2 Hi-Rider pick-up models will be available in all three body styles and XL specification. In XLT specification it will only be available with a super cab body. Opting for the 4x2 hi-rider version in XL specification gives customers the following features:
• Higher ride height for improved ground clearance
• Volumetric alarm
• Front seat side airbags and curtain airbags for both outer occupant seating rows (super- and double-cab models)
• Hi-Rider decal (super cab only)
The all-new Ranger's Australian MLPs are summarised below. *All prices stated below are Manufacturer's List Price and include GST and LCT (where applicable) but exclude all on-road costs including registration, stamp duty, compulsory third party insurance, any other applicable statutory charges and dealer delivery fee.
- 4x2 model range
Cab Style Model
# # #
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes fuel efficient (http://www.ford.com.au/
Five competition finalists have now tested the all-new Ranger 4x4 (http://www.ford.com.au/)