Media contact: Blair Gately, Director, Public Relations 703-963-9468 (cell)
PRLog (Press Release) — Sept. 22, 2011 - Boston, Massachusetts — The Yankee Chapter of the International Association of Business Communicators (Yankee IABC) has elected its 2011-12 Board of Directors.
Linda Sanders, who is the new President of the Yankee Chapter, served as President-Elect from 2010-11 and was Vice President of Communication from 2009-10. Prior to that, in 2008-09, she was the chapter’s Director of Internal Communication. As a volunteer for the chapter, she worked on the newsletter, EDIT, and also participated in event planning.
As the newest Yankee IABC president, Ms. Sanders is focusing on membership outreach and involvement. "I joined IABC only four years ago while working on my Master’s degree. But in these few years, I’ve been richly rewarded for my involvement and volunteer work for IABC. I’ve had the opportunity to meet communicators locally and internationally at conferences and networking events. I’ve gained insight at seminars and by talking with colleagues. And I’ve had the opportunity to practice new skills and sharpen old ones in a volunteer-based environment.”
“All it took from me was a willingness to get involved. It all started with me reading the chapter newsletter and attending an event — and being asked if I would like to help with a newsletter. My involvement grew from there, which is why I believe in the great community of people that is Yankee IABC as well as the events, both educational and social, that it sponsors," said Ms. Sanders.
As president, Ms. Sanders is joined by a president-elect, a past president, and four vice-presidents — elected by the Yankee IABC chapter membership — as well as nine appointed board members and other volunteers. The composition of this year’s board reflects the wide range of business communication roles and responsibilities represented in IABC’s membership.
2011/12Yankee IABC Elected Board of Directors:
• Past President: Jake George, NERA Economic Consulting
• VP, Administration:
• VP, Communications:
• VP, Social Media: John Klingenstein, Dynamics Research Corporation
• VP, Membership: Manya Chylinski, Alley424 Communications
2011/12 Yankee IABC Non-elected Members:
• Director, EDIT newsletter & Website: Jeanne Brady, Draper Laboratory
• Director, Public Relations: Blair Gately, Communications Consultant and External Affairs Contractor, Federal Emergency Management Agency
Membership Development team
• Director, Member Outreach: Vicki Staveacre, Darling Street Limited
• Director, Accreditation:
• Director, College Relations: Jana Baseel, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
• Event Director: Akosua Kwaa
Social Networking team
• Director, Twitter & Online Programming:
• Director, LinkedIn: Bill Donovan, Donovan Writing & Publishing
• Director, Facebook: Scott Michel, PAREXEL
• Group Leader – MetroWest Special Interest Group: Chris LaFontaine, Boston Scientific
• Group Leader – MetroProv Special Interest Group: Kim Hanson, On the Same Page, LLC
• Group Leader – Boston Special Interest Group: Manya Chylinski, Alley424 Communications
About Yankee IABC
Spanning five New England states, the Yankee chapter of the International Association of Business Communicators offers its members easy access to a vast array of communication resources and networking opportunities. For more information, please visit http://yankeeiabc.org.
# # #
The Yankee chapter of the International Association of Business Communicators connects professionals across all communication disciplines to inspire individual growth and overall industry excellence. For more info, please visit http://yankeeiabc.org.