PRLog - Sep. 22, 2011 - SMA America will unveil new utility-scale, turnkey power solutions, as well as recently announced grid-tied and off-grid PV inverters, at this year’s Solar Power International, scheduled for Oct. 17-20, 2011 at the Dallas Convention Center in Dallas, Texas.
SMA MV Power Platform with enclosure
Conference attendees will be able to view the MV Power Platform, a 1.0-1.6 megawatt medium-voltage turnkey power solution that offers EPCs and utility companies the most cost-effective way to modularly install large-scale PV power converters.
Also on display will be the Sunny Boy HF-US line of high-frequency, residential inverters. These devices make installation even easier while offering improved advantages like higher efficiency, faster field configurability for positive ground modules and wireless communication.
Expanding upon the proven technology of its predecessor, the Sunny Island 5048-US, the off-grid Sunny Island 6048-US offers increased efficiencies and 20 percent more power output.
Attendees can also catch a sneak peek of the SMA micro inverter, schedule for release in 2012.
“From kilowatt to megawatt, SMA supplies the solar industry with innovative technology in every power class,” said Jurgen Krehnke, president and general manager of SMA America. “This year, Solar Power International attendees will be able to view the latest SMA has to offer, including outstanding new inverters designed for the residential, commercial and utility markets.”
Products and services that will be showcased at SMA's indoor and outdoor booths--#2927 (Hall E) and #201 OD (Parking Lot C), respectively--
• MV Power Platform: Located in SMA's outdoor booth, the MV Power Platform utility-scale solution includes two Sunny Central inverters; a medium-voltage transformer;
• Sunny Boy HF: Now shipping, the highly anticipated Sunny Boy HF is SMA's most installer-friendly inverter to date. Ideal for 2-3 kW solar arrays, it features a slim enclosure, reduced weight, modern graphic display and industry-leading CEC efficiencies of up to 97 percent.
• Sunny Central CP: Also on display will be the Sunny Central CP inverter line, which produces 110 percent of rated output at temperatures below 25 Celsius, resulting in increased yields and a lower levelized cost of energy.
• Sunny Island 6048-US: The new Sunny Island 6048-US boasts a maximum efficiency of 96 percent and CEC-weighted efficiency of 94 percent. It can be paired with SMA’s Multicluster Box, making it ideal for off-grid PV systems up to 100 kW.
• SMA Micro Inverter: Available next year, the SMA Micro Inverter is ideal for roofs with multiple orientations, starter systems and where shading is unavoidable.
• SMA Solar Academy: Conference attendees can also gather more information about SMA's Solar Academy, an educational initiative in which solar professionals of all levels--from novice to expert--can learn about SMA products, code compliance and installation best practices.
• Sunny PRO Club: The Sunny PRO Club, a professional partnership that combines SMA's marketing and technical resources with installers' experience, will debut several new offerings at Solar Power International.
The SMA Group, with sales of 1.9 billion euros in 2010, is the world market leader for solar inverters, a component that lies at the heart of every solar power system. Its headquarters is situated in Niestetal near Kassel and it also has 17 foreign subsidiaries situated on four continents. In 2010, the Corporate Group employed over 5,000 persons (including temporary staff). SMA produces a wide spectrum of inverter types, the optimal inverter for each type of solar module used and offers all the power classes required for solar power systems. The product portfolio includes both inverters for grid-connected solar power systems and stand-alone systems. Since 2008, the parent company SMA Solar Technology AG has been listed in the Prime Standard of the Frankfurt Securities Exchange (S92) and in the TecDAX. Over the past few years, SMA has received several awards for its outstanding performance as an employer and lately reached first place in the federal “Great Place to Work” competition. www.SMA-America.com
# # #
SMA America—a subsidiary of SMA Solar Technology AG, headquartered in Germany—provides North America with the world’s finest inverter, control and monitoring products for renewable energy sources, primarily solar.