Food and drink, merchandise and children’s specialty recreation site companies are all encouraged to apply for registration as an official event vendor. With many spaces currently available, vendors can choose from four unique plan options including two 4-day weekends.
All registered vendors will receive the following amenities:
• On site ‘stack’ parking at the Holiday Inn (at the tennis courts)
• Golf cart services on and off the beach at no additional charge
• Daily vendor concierge service
• Assigned load in/load off schedule
• On stage entertainment venue throughout the event
• A 10’ x 12’ booth space
For vendor registration applications and further details about the event, please visit: http://www.worldchampionshipofsandsculpting.com/
This event will be donating a portion of the proceeds to our local Fort Myers Beach and the Kiwanis organization in an effort to give back to our community. As such, volunteers are also needed. Volunteers will get a special, behind-the-scenes experience, getting to know the artists and their works personally. A wide variety of opportunities are available. For those interested in volunteering, please contact volunteer coordinator, Steve LeBlanc with the Northside Naples Kiwanis Club at email@example.com.
Event attendees are welcome daily from the 17th until the 27th. There will be many interactive activities for guests to partake in including:
• Watching world-renowned sand sculptor John Gowdy create a painting on a spinning canvas to music known as “Flying Colors”
• Kids activities area with bounce houses, water slides and more
• Chain Saw Art Demonstrations
• Sand Sculpting Demonstrations where attendees will learn how the Masters create their works of art
• Interactive Photo Opp Sculptures - Holiday themed, attendees can step inside and have their photo taken for use holiday cards, etc.
• Amateur Sand Sculpting Contest, all ages welcome
• Live Music (Artists to be Announced Soon)
A World Championship winner twelve times over and holder of seven Guinness Book of World Records, Charlie Beaulieu is the event director with Co-Director, Bill Knight of SandLubbers. Jason Camp of Big C Events is hosting the event at the Holiday Inn on the south end of the beach.
Guests will enjoy seeing Karen Fralich, the only woman to win the World Championship solos, participating in this event along with Carl Jara, the artist holding the most World Championship solo wins, 13 in total and 5 Sculptors Choice wins making up the total of 24 artists competing this year. All the outstanding sculptors participating in this year’s championship event cumulatively hold the following list of awards: 262 (Gold, Silver and Bronze) medals, 47 World Championship wins, and an impressive 14 world record wins.
Tickets for attendees are just $6.00 for adults, $5 for children 5 to 17 years old and those 4 and under are free. Guests are encouraged to purchase discounted tickets in advance at any Pinchers Crab Shack location for just $5 or at the Holiday Inn. For more information on the schedule of events, please visit http://www.worldchampionshipofsandsculpting.com.
A designated portion of the proceeds will be donated to the “Eliminate Project” sponsored by Kiwanis International and UNICEF. For specific details about this cause, please visit: http://sites.kiwanis.org/
LOCATION & TRANSPORTATION
The World Championships of Sand Sculpting will be at the Holiday Inn located at 6890 Estero Boulevard on Fort Myers beach. Attendees are encouraged to arrive from the south in order to avoid traffic congestion. Event directors have coordinated a revolving bus system to transport attendees from the Lover’s Key parking area to the site. Parking is also available in the Publix shopping center at Bonita Beach Road and U.S. 41 where the Lee County beach “Trollee” will pick up attendees.