Huang continued "For the language course search terms that we looked at, the aggregate search volume is over 260,000s/m and the lowest volume term is showing 2,400s/m."
Languages tops the list with 33,100 searches per month. ESL (English as a Second Language) is in second place with 22,100s/m. IELTS (International English Language Testing) also features with 12,100s/m.
The top 5 most popular terms related specifically to the language courses that are used in Ireland each month are:
1. Language courses & Language classes (12,100s/m)
2. Language school (12,100s/m)
3. Language study (8,100s/m)
4. Language online (8,100s/m)
5. Language learning (6,600s/m)
The most popular European languages searched for in Ireland each month were:
1. English - English courses alone is searched for almost 10,000 times each month. In aggregate, the most popular english language related search terms rack up over 50,000 searches each month.
2. Irish - Irish language related searches (excluding leaving certificate searches) top 26,000 searches each month.
3. French - French in Dublin, Learn French, French Courses & French Classes, French Lessons, Study French, combined are searched for 22,000 times in Ireland each month.
4. Spanish - 19,600 searches cover the most popular Spanish course searches with 'Spanish courses in Dublin' at 4,400 being the single most popular search term.
5. German - German is the 5th most popular language course choice in Ireland with a combined search volume of approximately 12,000s/m.
"The most surprising thing to us", commented Huang "was that people who want to improve their English language skills would search in English." Would the Polish population in Ireland search in Polish? The data suggests that they do - 'nauka angielskiego' means “learn English” in Polish and Google Ireland is showing 1,300s/m in Ireland.
learnpipe is a web based application that helps people to find great courses around the world. We put the fun back into choosing the right College / Degree / Evening Course / Casual Class / any other training option. We call it social Q&A for education. We operate 4 domains: http://www.learnpipe.ie (Ireland); http://www.learnpipe.co.uk (UK); http://www.learnpipe.com (USA) & http://www.learnpipe.in (India).
learnpipe was setup in 2009 by John Dineen and Shane O’Leary. learnpipe is a graduate company of both the Endeavour and iGAP Programmes. It is funded by Enterprise Ireland and a number of private investors. The company has 8 staff based in Cork, Manchester & Beijing.
# # #
learnpipe helps people to find great courses. We put the put back into choosing a college or a course. We call it social Q&A for education.