Few reasons discussing the innovation that led to change of mindset of both software solution provider and customer from waterfall software development to agile software development are shared below:
- Agile software development deliver solution measured with fast output where as waterfall software development undergoes detailed measures to deliver solution which takes a great toil and time
- In waterfall model there is no turning back it’s a continuous process and changes are not relative where in agile model changes are easily taken into action. Altering changes is time consuming in waterfall
- Waterfall is basically beneficial for huge projects only agile is hugely popular for mid size projects
- Agile provides and evolve the overall quality of the software, in waterfall if there are changes the technocrats need to start each scenario from the beginning.
- Communication between the client and the technocrat is one on one basis and this practice is followed among offshore agile team too. There is a better communication and understanding to accomplish the task offered where as in waterfall it is generally observed the client actually asks for something and receives something else. The teams are big, deadlines are huge, feedback is delayed and lack of communication develops difficulty.
- The documentation is small, crisp and understandable in agile. Waterfall model requires documentation at every stage each code and logic is stored.
Software consultancy services need to bring change though this may take some time and gradually innovative methodologies like these can bring a positive change. The customer or the enterprises need to find such outsourcing consultants introducing innovative additional valued software solution in services. Scrum is another accurate and easily adaptive model that delivers significant results.