Upon arrival the fire crew followed the scent of burning wood and used a thermal imaging camera to pinpoint its location.
Gerald Williams, Healdsburg Fire Captain, said:
“We used our thermal imaging camera, which determined it was burning in one of the walls. We opened the wall and saw that the wiring had burned through the plastic insulation, and had exposed the wiring’s copper core."
“The copper core was burning a wooden two by four stud leading to the stairwell. It was a good catch. If it had been a few hours later, it would have been a whole different story.”
Fortunately, the gallery received only minor damage to one wall and should be able to reopen in a few days.
Barbara Tuscany, a friend of the gallery’s owner, said:
“It could have been a lot worse. Thank God for the fire department’s quick response.”
Further information on the Argus handheld thermal imaging camera from e2v can be found by visiting http://www.argusdirect.com/
# # #
Focus is a truly integrated agency, offering the services of a traditional and digital marketing agency.