PRLog - Sep. 12, 2011 - CEO's, business leaders, top decision-makers, business owners, entrepreneurs, industry tastemakers and friends will join NV Magazine’s Publisher, Kyle Donovan, for an evening of networking as he introduces the 2011 Mover’s and Shaker’s issue. The event which is sponsored by New York Life will take place on Monday, September 12th at The Empire Room on the ground floor of the Empire State Building. The evening promises to be a unique networking affair that will feature true trendsetters in business from a variety of industry's who are seeking to meet other like-minded business people and build valuable relationships.
“This is definitely one of the most exciting issues of the year as NV features people who are simply making it happen in business,” says Donovan, “I must say that I am constantly honored to be able to profile such amazing individuals in the pages of NV Magazine.” They truly represent what business and success is all about. Each of these entrepreneurs and professionals has their own unique vision, vibe and passion.”
The Movers and Shakers Issue promises to empower urban professionals and entrepreneurs with how-to business information, as well as, providing dynamic profiles of "movers and shakers" who reinforce the mantra that "anything is possible."
“This issue is the true reason why I started NV Magazine,” says Donovan, “I want to show that African Americans are more than just athletes and musicians but true visionaries that are making it happen in every form of business.” NV Magazine is also proud to announce that for the first time you can download the Movers and Shakers issue on your iPad. You will be able to download extra content featuring the cover subject, videos, interviews, audio, etc. not found in the magazine or online giving users access to exclusive content, a faster download, and a more personal experience.
About NV Magazine
NV Magazine is a national business publication for urban professionals and entrepreneurs started in 1998 by Kyle Donovan, NV Magazine is the first business magazine written and designed for, by and about young urban professionals and entrepreneurs. NV Magazine grew out of a need for access to business information specifically targeting young people of color and the desire to have a magazine reflective of the many hues of the urban community.
2011 List of Movers & Shakers
1. Vernon Jones: Real Estate "Vernon Jones" www.liveopenhouse.com, CEO of real estate promotion company Live Open House LLC. Produces high-end videos to promote luxury real estate in the NYC metro area and conducts web marketing.
2. Mike Harris: Sports Marketing, Founder of Best Sports Consultants, a full service sports marketing agency that creates strategic marketing campaigns for professional athletes including endorsements, fundraising, event planning, autograph sessions, and publicity.
3. MO Chanmugham: Legal "Mo Chanmugham", is a business attorney, entrepreneur and founder of The Legal Studio, a law firm with a vision to support entrepreneurs on a mission to do remarkable things.
4. Lydia Meredith: Child Care - http://renaissancelearningctr.org/
5. Sharifa: Fashion Sales & Marketing - http://project.magiconline.com/
6. Chris Sainsbury: Celeb Fitness myfitnesstrainerchris.com - celebrity personal trainer.
7. "Labriah Lee"
8. Winsome Sinclair - www.legacymediagroup.org, (Casting director) - Casting, Artist Management and Development, and Production for top Hollywood films.
9. "Tweetie" aka Lenaya Straker is a celebrity dance choreographer and former MTV television hostess, has worked with celebrities including Jay-Z, Destiny's Child, Fergie, LL Cool J, Mya and Angie Martinez, and she was featured on “The Oprah Winfrey Show” as Oprah and Gayle's personal dance instructor.
10. Francoise Blanchette - The Purple Agency, Managing Partner - a public relations firm for celebrity clients such as Swizz Beatz and Omarion
11. Torian Robinson, - Branch Manager at HSBC, Vice President - Managed four various branches within four distinctive neighborhoods (Times Square, Upper West Side, Morningside Heights, Harlem).
12. Charon Darris – Vice President, Sr. Business Banker at M & T Bank - Specialize in lending to small and mid-sized businesses. Served as Board Vice Chair and Chair of Fund Raising Committee for Achieving Leadership's Purpose, Inc. (a 501(c)(3), www.alp-nyc.org. Served as Chair of Fund Raising and Event Planning for Morehouse College Manhattan Alumni Association.
13. Sabrina Lamb - Founder/CEO at WorldofMoney.org, dedicated to the financial literacy of underserved youth.
14. Jamila Payne - Founder National Association of Sustainable Fashion Designers author of From Payne to Power
15. Jodi Brockington –Connector/
16. Pastor Michael A. Walrond, Jr. - First Corinthian Baptist Church, fastest growing church in Harlem
17. Twanda Washington, AT&T Director of Retail Sales in Manhattan – oversees 30 retailers
18. Brenda Gill, Head of Strategy, FGA Global Accounts at Thomson Reuters
19. Khary Barnes, American Express Director, Mergers & Acquisitions/
20. Geneva Farrow, the Executive Director and Founder, A Young Mother's D.R.E.A.M. Inc Acronym (Determination, Resilience, Excellence, Achievement, Motivation). YMD is a 501c3 non profit organization.
21. Lance Rios - Being Latino CEO & Founder, a communication platform designed to educate, entertain and connect all peoples across the global Latino spectrum
22. Christena Pyle - Interactive Producer at Wieden + Kennedy
23. Andrew Dumas – Managing Director and Chief Governance Officer at Citibank,
# # #
ACA's mission is o provide turnkey solutions for entrepreneurs, athletes, and entertainers through integrated marketing efforts, in areas of public relations, network marketing and event planning.