“There are some critical steps to take now to ensure that your damage is properly documented and covered as part of your fire damage claim,” said Texas Licensed Public Insurance Adjuster Scott Friedson with Insurance Claim Recovery Support. “Not taking the proper steps to document key information could result in a lower, or even a denied, insurance claim.”
Friedson is offering affected Texas property owners ten key tips to take now for their pending insurance claim.
1. Contact your insurance company to report your fire loss and open the claim as soon as possible.
2. Make a written request to your insurance company for an advance on your fire insurance claim to get living essentials you need for shelter, clothing, food, medicine and other urgent needs.
3. Secure your property- if only a part of your property was damaged then you need to mitigate damages.
4. Businesses that experience damage need to secure key business records and document customer business losses.
5. Review your policy to determine the amount of coverage you have and what it covers.
6. Document damage with photographs or video.
7. Make a list of all of the items you lost.
8. Retain all your receipts for temporary living expenses.
9. Continue paying your insurance premiums and mortgage.
10. Document items that experienced smoke damage as opposed to physical damage.
“These important ten tips can help ensure that fire victims get what they deserve to cover their loss from this very tragic situation,” Friedson said. “I would also recommend that fire victims work with a public adjuster on their claim. The fact is policyholders have options other than just accepting whatever their insurance companies might value their loss. We work exclusively on the side of the insured as their advocate to help victims receive the fair claim settlement that they rightfully deserve.”
Public adjusters exclusively represent the interests of the policyholder, not the insurance companies. They evaluate existing insurance policies, document damage, evaluate business interruption losses, determine values for settling covered damages, estimate value of loss, interpret policy, document and support the claim on behalf of the homeowner or business owner.
Best of all, Insurance Claim Recovery Support offers a free, no obligation, opinion of a potential claim recovery in 48 hours or less with no out of pocket expenses.
For more information about Insurance Claim Recovery Support, or to have them help you with your claim for damage due to the recent fires, please call 512-904-9900 or check out their website at http://www.insuranceclaimrecoverysupport.com for many more handy insurance claim tips.
Insurance Claim Recovery Support
Texas Public Adjuster License #1632488
412 Hazeltine Drive
Lakeway, TX 78734