The region offers a variety of ways in which to experience the season’s hidden escapes. Visitors to the site will also have the opportunity to register to win a special Historic Corydon, Harrison County Fall Getaway by signing up to receive the monthly “This is Indiana! Event Connection” e-newsletter which will keep recipients informed of events and attraction information. The winner will be drawn on Nov. 1 and notified by Nov. 5. The getaway includes:
• Four family passes to tour the Corydon Capitol State Historic Sites
• $25 Gift Certificate to Best Vineyards Winery
• Four Cavern Tour Tickets to Squire Boon Caverns
• Four Tour Passes to Marengo Cave
• $25 Gift Certificate to Magdalena’s Restaurant
• $15 Gift Certificate to Golf Shores Fun Center
• One Night Stay at Hampton Inn Corydon
• One FREE Meal at the Paula Deen Buffet
• One FREE Value Basket and One FREE Frozen Custard Dessert at Culver’s of Corydon
• Gift Certificate for a collectible Wine Cork Wreath at Scout Mountain Winery
Breathtaking scenic views and vivacious autumn color are on display throughout Corydon with an incredible variety of hiking trails, farms and wineries. The Hayswood Nature Reserve offers outdoor activities such as walking trails, fishing and a playground on this preserved land of 311 acres. With a multitude of attractions, including pumpkin patches and horse and carriage rides at Deere Farms, Corydon is the perfect getaway offering the vibrant reds, yellows and oranges of the autumn season.
Corydon visitors enjoy much more than the season’s gorgeous fall color. The mystery and thrill of the historic Squire Boone and Marengo caves, a nostalgic of a trio of old-time ice cream parlors and more to lure travelers to this unique area. The State Historic Site marks Corydon’s place as Indiana’s first capitol, while travelers are fascinated by the Constitution Elm, a Civil War battlefield and tours of the Leora Brown School, one of the nation’s oldest standing early African American schoolhouses. Plenty of diverse dining and accommodations include a historic B&B, affordable modern hotels, country cafés and even a state of the art casino. Complete travel information and a free visitors guide are available at www.thisisIndiana.org or (888) 738-2137.