PRLog - Sep. 1, 2011 - JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Professional Development Resources is approved by the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC) to offer home study continuing education for NCCs (Provider #5590). We adhere to NBCC guidelines. http://www.pdresources.org/
Earn up to 12 hours online!
All professional clinical mental health counselors, marriage and family therapists, professional art therapists, professional mental health counselors, registered independent counselors, licensed mental health counselors, licensed associate marriage and family therapists, alcohol and drug abuse counselors, alcohol abuse counselors, drug abuse counselors, and substance abuse associates.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENT:
Continuing education credit. Effective for the renewal period beginning October 1, 1997 forty (40) contact hours of continuing education approved by the New Mexico counseling and therapy practice board will be required to be documented during each two-year renewal period.
Continuing education must be acquired during the expiring licensing period.
One contact hour of continuing education is sixty minutes.
Specific continuing education which must be obtained and verified:
- six hours of ethics related to counseling/mental health for all licensees
- three hours in supervision related to counseling/mental health for all licensees who are supervisors
ACCEPTABLE CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSES:
- approved by certifying groups such as the national board for certified counselors, American marriage and family therapy regulatory board, American art therapy, association international certification reciprocity consortium, national association of alcohol and drug abuse council
- approved by other regulatory boards of related mental health or substance abuse fields, including psychiatry, psychology and social work
sponsored by international, national, regional or state mental health professional associations including psychiatry, psychology and social work, or state and federal divisions of substance abuse
- publication of professional writings and presenting board approved educational courses shall be awarded in a manner consistent with Part 16, section 188.8.131.52 and shall not exceed 20 hours for a license renewal period
- approved by the New Mexico counseling and therapy practice board
- internet continuing education correspondence shall not exceed 12 hours for a license renewal period
- home studies continuing education shall not exceed 12 hours for a license renewal period
DOCUMENTATION OF PARTICIPATION:
The licensee shall be responsible for submitting proof of attendance of all continuing education hours at the time of license renewal. All continuing education hours must be documented at the time the license is renewed. The board reserves the right to require additional documentation of participation. The board will notify the licensee of approval or disapproval of continuing education hours within 30 days after receiving documentation.
FAILURE TO MEET CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
The board will refuse to renew the licensee’s license in accordance with the Uniform Licensing Act NMSA 1978 sections 61-1-1 through 61-1-31. If continuing education units requirements are not completed within the licensing period and by the expiration date, the licensee or registrant will be considered expired and will refrain from practicing. Individuals unable to meet continuing education requirements due to circumstances beyond their control must submit a written request for a waiver sixty (60) days prior to their renewal date. Extenuating circumstances include illness, death in immediate family, military service, or other severe circumstances, which do not allow an applicant to meet continuing education requirements. The applicant may request a one-time extension approved by the board and must pay an additional $300.00 fee. The board will review each request on a case-by-case basis.
New Mexico Counseling and Therapy Practice Board
2550 Cerrillos Road
Santa Fe, NM 87505
(505) 476-4633 Fax
# # #
Professional Development Resources, Inc. is a nonprofit educational corporation organized in 1992. Our mission is to provide healthcare professionals with accredited continuing education courses on topics that are vital to contemporary clinical practice.