1. Latest News
  2. Submit Press Release
  1. PR Home
  2. Latest News
  3. Feeds
  4. Alerts
  5. Submit Free Press Release
  6. Journalist Account
  7. PRNewswire Distribution
Florida Hospital Volusia/Flagler Logo

Free Mammograms Available at Florida Hospital Imaging Center

Underinsured Women in Volusia County Can Take Advantage of Grant from Komen Central Florida Affiliate

 
 
Florida Hospital Imaging, Ormond Beach
Florida Hospital Imaging, Ormond Beach
PRLog - Sep. 1, 2011 - ORMOND BEACH, Fla. -- DAYTONA BEACH – Uninsured and underinsured women in Volusia County between the ages of 40 and 49 years old in need of screening mammograms and diagnostic services are encouraged to call Florida Hospital Imaging Center at (386) 671-9090 to take advantage of the available grant funds.

The Central Florida Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure® recently awarded a $25,000 grant to Florida Hospital Imaging Center, affiliated with Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center. This grant will support Florida Hospital Imaging’s Think Pink Project, an initiative to create greater awareness about the life-saving benefits of annual mammograms and early detection. The program encompasses educational materials and resources, digital screening mammograms and diagnostic services.

About Florida Hospital Imaging
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center offers No-Wait Imaging at three locations in the Daytona Beach area: Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center, Florida Hospital Oceanside and the Florida Hospital Imaging Center at 335 Clyde Morris Boulevard, Suite 250 in Ormond Beach.  All three locations have been accredited by the American College of Radiology and have board-certified, specially-trained radiologists. For more information, visit www.floridahospitalimaging.org or call (386) 671-9090.

About Susan G. Komen for the Cure® and the Komen Central Florida Affiliate
Nancy G. Brinker promised her dying sister, Susan G. Komen, she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer forever, and in 1982, that promise became Susan G. Komen for the Cure. The Susan G. Komen Central Florida Affiliate is part of the world’s largest and most progressive grassroots network fighting breast cancer. Through events like the Komen Central Florida Race for the Cure, the Central Florida Affiliate has invested $4 million in community breast cancer programs in nine counties. Up to 75 percent of net proceeds generated by the Affiliate stays in the Central Florida Region, while the remaining 25 percent funds national breast cancer research. For more information, call (321) 972-5534 or visit www.KomenCentralFlorida.org

# # #

Florida Hospital Volusia/Flagler is a nonprofit hospital system with a mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ. With five hospitals in Volusia & Flagler County, it is the largest hospital system in the area, caring for 650,000 patients annually.

Photo:
http://www.prlog.org/11644333/1

--- End ---

Click to Share

Contact Email:
***@flhosp.org Email Verified
Source:Florida Hospital Imaging
Zip:32174
Location:Ormond Beach - Florida - United States
Industry:Health, Technology
Tags:florida hospital, imaging, radiology, mammo, mammogram, mammography, susan g komen, komen for the cure
Shortcut:prlog.org/11644333
Verified Account Email Address
Verified Account Phone Number

Disclaimer:   Issuers of the press releases are solely responsible for the content of their press releases. PRLog can't be held liable for the content posted by others.   Report Abuse

Latest Press Releases By “

More...

Trending News...



  1. SiteMap
  2. Privacy Policy
  3. Terms of Service
  4. Copyright Notice
  5. About
  6. Advertise
Like PRLog?
9K2K1K
Click to Share