As part of Baker Hughes’ Reservoir Development Services, Adrian Topham is part of a high-level line-up of industry experts who will address the upcoming European Unconventional Gas Summit in Krakow from 28-29 September. His presentation will include the latest in hydro-fracking, directional drilling and seismic technology as well as address the mitigation of the risk of surface and ground water contamination.
Demonstration of safe operations
Public acceptance and assurance of the safety of the unconventional gas industry are just some of the industry challenges that will be discussed during the summit. Topham agrees that apart from “economic development of a gas sales network and market price stability, public support through the demonstration of safe and environmentally responsible operations” are key issues that need to be in place for the gas market to develop successfully.
Right blend of science and technology
The Baker Hughes executive says in order to help their clients develop shale gas projects they are focusing their attention on “the development of sustainable, cost efficient delivery of products and services through our global programme of research and development. We are focussing on the right blend of science and technology in the appraisal phase to enable our clients to plan for longer term economic development.”
The European Unconventional Gas Summit will also showcase leading examples of how to address public and political communication from industry experts including:
• Jim Johnston, Board Member, ExxonMobil Exploration & Production Poland
• Axel Scheuer, Europe Regulatory Advisor, ExxonMobil Gas & Power Marketing
• Florence Geny, Senior Business Analyst, Statoil
• Davide Calcagni, VP Unconventional, Eni
• Stephan Singer, Global Energy Policy Director, WWF International
• Wieslaw Prugar, Member of the Management Board, OPPPW, President of the Management Board, Orlen Upstream
• Mark Katrosh, President, Hess Oil France
• Mikhail Slobodin, Executive Vice President, Gas and Power, TNK-BP
Event dates and location:
Conference: 28-29 September
The European Unconventional Gas Academy: 27 September
Location: Hotel Novotel Krakow Bronowice, ul. Armii Krajowej 11, 30-150 Krakow, Poland
Event website: www.eug-
# # #
Clarion Events hosts strategic conferences conferences and seated events across Britain, Europe, North and South America, Africa, Middle East and Asia, from leisure and entertainment to finance, from retail to gaming and from fine art to energy.