The Chicago plant of a famous candy maker manufactures round hard candy. Their practice was to remove product from the coating pan and place it into shallow trays for cooling. The cooling process took a whopping 24 hours.
When REMCON listened to their customer’s problems, this is what they heard and observed:
• Huge amount of floor space wasted waiting for finished product to cure.
• Cooled product trays were manually dumped onto the conveyor line for packing
The solution REMCON developed in response to their findings was:
• Design a custom molded, bottom discharge bulk hopper with an integral air duct.
• Change the process flow. Place warm product in stackable hoppers and connect them to an air manifold.
• Draw cool air through the product accelerating the finishing process.
The results REMCON delivered were:
• Reduced cooling time 75%
• Reclaimed nearly 60% of the production floor space freeing it up for other activities
• Eliminated all manual handling
Contact REMCON Plastics to discover similar savings opportunities in your operation.
Meet The Wise Rotomolder and talk to one of the REMCON material handling experts in Booth 7122 at this year’s PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2011 (September 26–28; Las Vegas Convention Center) so you can discuss solutions you need in person.
REMCON will listen, develop and deliver the perfect reusable container to move your product safely, cleanly and efficiently through your manufacturing process.
Make an appointment to lay out your particular material handling problem with one of the REMCON representatives at the show. See what they can do to help you improve your operation.
For more information about PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2011 or to register, visit www.packexpo.com or contact PMMI’s Show Department at 703.243.8555 or email@example.com.
# # #
About REMCON PLASTICS: For nearly thirty years REMCON has been a leading custom molded plastics manufacturer that specializes in reducing customer costs with uniquely engineered material handling solutions. They can solve material handling problems in any bulk processing industry but are predominant in pharmaceutical, meat and poultry, confection, grain, metal stamping and other manufacturers.
Their tagline “We listen, develop and deliver!” embodies their approach to improving customer operations and delivering a better bottom line. Their facilities are located at 208 Chestnut St. Reading PA 19602.
Learn more about them at http://www.remcon.com, http://www.rotationalmolder.net or The Wise Rotomolder Blog http://www.blog.rotationalmolder.net .