One of Sanborn’s current employees Jenny Costello was introduced to Sanborn Place when her mother was the Program and Services Administrator. As part of the “Sanborn Family”, Jenny would volunteer doing various tasks. One of her fondest memories was serving dinner to the residents at Christmastime. Jenny reminisced, “I had a great relationship with my Grandfather and felt very comfortable around seniors.” While at Wilmington High School, Jenny joined Rotary International’
Fostering community service partnerships and hiring local students builds strong community relationships. It’s also another marketing vehicle that helps to tell the story of Sanborn- Place, Home Care & Day. The residents enjoy interacting with the young workers and volunteers. Likewise, the teen volunteers and employees enjoy building relationships with our residents and clients. One such employee is Betsy Kelley. Betsy was introduced to Sanborn as a guest at the celebrations and asked to get further involved. As an Irish Step Dancer, she volunteered to perform of r the residents at the annual St. Patrick’s Day corn beef and cabbage feast. Currently Betsy attends Worcester Polytechnic School and works during the summer and college breaks in administration, resident services and activities at both Sanborn Place and Sanborn Day. “My experience at Sanborn has taught me valuable life skills such as multitasking, communication and customer service to name a few.”
Part time jobs and volunteer opportunities that students apply for include but are not limited to:
• Residential Services Assistant to work in the Residential Services Office assisting with administrative duties such as; answering phones and filing. Duties also include assisting residents with issues and concerns and coordination of activities including walking club, arts and crafts, movie nights and more.
• Kitchen Assistant to work in the kitchen assisting set up and clean up for functions and dinner programs.
• Facilities Assistant to help with landscaping and grounds keeping, maintenance, housekeeping, painting and assist with set up and clean up of functions.
Schools part timers attend:
• High Mowing School, Wilton, NH
• Austin Preparatory School, Reading, MA
• Reading Memorial High School, Reading, MA
• Phillips Academy, Andover, MA
• Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, MA
• Stonehill College, Easton, MA
• University of Massachusetts at Amherst
• University of Massachusetts at Lowell
About Sanborn www.sanbornphc.orgSanborn Place in Reading, MA is a supportive living community where residents can maintain their independence. Sanborn Home Care provides high quality home care services to both the residents of Sanborn Place and the surrounding communities. Sanborn Day located in Wakefield, MA is an Adult Day Health Services that provides a healthy environment for seniors and those with progressive diseases to be stimulated, entertained and medically monitored. Charitable donations will sustain Sanborn's culture and quality of care that makes a difference in the lives we share in and care for.