Award-winning RPost releases comprehensive electronic signature service upgrade with court-admissible document, contract, and multi-party signoff tools that plug into Salesforce.com, Outlook, Lotus, web-mail and other applications
Los Angeles, CA --- August 18, 2011 --- RPost, the inventor of Registered Email® services, today released a comprehensive electronic signature service upgrade that builds upon RPost’s secure messaging platform, which has been awarded the legal industry’s top pick in the JMBM Corporate Counsel Guide for Converting Legal and Contract Notices to Electronic Delivery, as well as been the recipient of the World Mail Award for Best in Security. With e-signature customers from Cox Communications use for sales contract signoff to insurance carrier claims correspondence signatures, RPost has set the global standard for e-signatures and Legal Proof® in other electronic communications for nearly a decade.
This latest RPost electronic signature upgrade delivers all the elements necessary for upholding legal contracts in today’s automated technology environments with three crucial, specific elements:
1. Auditable Proof of Signoff: Only RPost technology provides a record of precisely what message content was in fact sent, received, and signed off with a robust audit trail that is cryptographically associated with the signoff record content and timestamps. This is important because most disputes around who agreed to what and when happen years after agreements were struck. Along with document signature records, RPost provides a Registered Receipt that encapsulates the signoff record with Internet forensic evidence associated with the signoff event in a form that can be later authenticated to withstand any challenge related to content, signing event, time, or validity for court admission.
2. User Simplicity: RPost is simple to use, with the sender often signing documents or sending contracts for signature right from their existing email program, or automated from any email sending or web application. This is critical because if signing, sending for signature or the process of obtaining recipient signoff or consent is just slightly too complicated or inconvenient, users tend to quickly revert back to traditional and administratively inefficient paper-and-ink or fax-and-scanning processes. RPost’s upgrade ensures the simplest user experience for both sender and recipient.
3. Enterprise Security Intelligence:
“Electronically signing a document is not difficult,” says Zafar Khan, CEO of RPost. “Just typing your name at the bottom of a document or email can have all the legal force of a handwritten signature if all parties have proof that you are the author of the specific content. But if you don’t have that proof, then electronic signing is legally worthless. We pioneered that technology and have shown the industry our commitment to continuously innovate and enhance it."
The RPost electronic signature service upgrade runs on RPost’s Registered Email technology platform and is unique in that it permits senders to send for signature and have electronic signing capabilities anywhere – from their mobile device, browser-based email and CRM services like Salesforce.com, and desktop email software – without requiring the sender or recipient to work outside of their favorite personal or corporate email accounts. In addition, there are four user modes that can be enabled, designated by sender, user group or organization once they use RPost’s electronic signature service:
3. Smart Forms: Creates stand alone fill-in forms with embedded functionality inside the form that, at the click of a button, invokes a signature verification process with timestamps, signer authentication, forensic, and handwritten and PKI digital signatures embedded in the resulting PDF format signoff record. This permits users to send an Adobe fill-in and secured form by email as an attachment to the recipient with the data the user inputs into the signoff form optionally automatically complied into a database.
4. Sender Signature and Authentication:
“Lawyers, insurance agents and carriers, human resource professionals, sales operations managers and contracting officers today want electronic signatures services that are both simple to use, yet produce robust signoff records that can withstand legal challenge as to fact of signoff, content associated with signoff, and precise time of signoff -- with authentication capabilities available far into the future when records of that signature may become critical to a business dispute,” adds Khan.
RPost has five United States patents – patent numbers 6,182,219; 6,571,334; 7,707,624; 7,865,557 and 7,966,372 that protect this RPost technology in the United States. RPost also holds thirty other patents issued in 21 countries.
About RPost: RPost® is the global standard for email proof, message encryption and electronic signature services. RPost’
David Wood, RPost Marketing. 310-342-0088, email@example.com
Jessica Hasson, Social Radius. 323-710-3556, Jessica@socialradius.com