PRLog - Aug. 16, 2011 - CONWAY, Ark. -- WMS enables your company to reach higher levels of efficiency, profitability, and customer satisfaction by providing the necessary tools to effectively manage orders, prevent shipping errors, and maintain precise inventory control. Using WMS, any floor-level activity is viewable the instant it occurs, giving managers access to real-time inventory. The use of handheld PDA barcode scanners on the plant floor enables users to identify potential problems and correct them. The system’s serialized inventory method provides complete tracking and recall, and parameterized reports offer a complete view of inventory levels, aging, rotation, shipping trends, and all other aspects of warehouse management. The shipping system, on the other hand, will respect all QA product holds and alert personnel that the product may not be added to the load. The WMS is also integrated with our Food Safety and Quality Management system (HAT), making complete pre-shipment review reports available for each order and load being shipped. These reports list all food safety checks, lab results, and corrective actions, when necessary, for selected dates and times. CAT²’s WMS is helping companies lower costs, increase revenue, and improve productivity and efficiency with better management tools for their warehouses.
Warehouse Management (WMS)
New Configurable Shipping Rules: WMS’s new shipping rules can be configured at the level of the product, customer, cooler/freezer, or order. At the product level and/or at the customer/product level, you may define maximum pre-ship and maximum forward-dated pre-ship age restrictions. You may also configure rules at the cooler/freezer level that require product to remain in a location for a set amount of time before being shipped. You may choose to allow or disallow mixing fresh and frozen products on the same order. At the order level, you may also specify age range limitations for each order item.
Features of Warehouse Management:
• Customizable shipping and movement rules
• Tracking of all product movement
• Directed picking with FIFO capability
• Reduced shipping errors and increased customer confidence
• Improved accuracy for order fulfillment
• Reduction of spoilage
• Improved speed for order completion
• Real-time inventory reports
• Seamless integration with existing ERP or financial systems
• Improved inventory control and staff productivity
• Reliable traceability
• Recall by production date, lot, or serial number
• Integrate with existing ERP system - The WMS system interfaces with existing ERP systems to import customer orders and build loads. The data is then sent back to the ERP for billing, providing a seamless flow of products and information.
• Enforced shipping rules - The WMS system can enforce shipping rules, such as direct picking with FIFO capability, in order to prevent product that does not meet customer requirements from being scanned to an order or mistakenly shipped, increasing customer confidence and decreasing loss of inventory.
Whatever your industry- beef, pork, chicken, turkey, seafood, primary processing, or further processing - we do it all.
501-328-9178 x 318
# # #
CAT² specializes in innovative software solutions for the food industry, including real-time data collection/reporting, as well as traceability. We provide custom solutions that are efficient, increase yield and throughput, and measurably reduce costs.