PRLog - Aug. 12, 2011 - With children back at school, September is the perfect time for holiday-makers to bag themselves some last minute sun without the crowds. Travellers can chose from a range of last minute tours from £679pp with The Adventure Company.
Scuba Diving in Turkey
REEP THE REWARDS OF A CHALLENGE
MOROCCO: Peaks of the Atlas
- Trek to the top of Morocco’s highest peaks – Mt. Toubkal – whilst enjoying the spectacular scenery and taking in several small Berber villages along the way. With the 15-day tour starting and ending in the vibrant city of Marrakech, travellers have time to explore its souks and famous main square, Djeema ed-Fna, with its diverse range of traders, entertainers and food stalls. The tour includes 9-days exploring the High Atlas with a final ascent to the top of Mt. Toubkal with a height of 4,167m. With demanding walking and stunning mountain scenery, this is a popular and exciting trek.
MOROCCO: Mount Toubkal Trek
- For a shortened trek to the summit of Mt. Toubkal, this 8-day adventure provides superb scenery including a two day trek to the North Africa’s highest peak.
TURKEY: Turkey Activity Week
- As one of the Adventure Company’s most popular family trip, specifically designed with teenagers in mind, this 8-day trip is a great way for people to get their adrenaline flowing. The itinerary includes a short stay at the coastal town of Kas, a two-night gulet cruise along the turquoise coast, sea kayaking to Kekova Island plus mountain biking, diving and snorkelling. For those that want even more, then there are two free days to relax or take part in further optional activities.
EXPLORE A WHOLE NEW WORLD
EGYPT: Felucca Adventure
- Egypt is one of the closest destinations to the UK for virtually guaranteed September sun. The Egyptian pound also still offers good value for money meaning the destination is also great value on the ground. A two-day Felucca cruise along the Nile is one of the trip’s highlights, with other forms of transport including train, horse-drawn carriage and donkeys - all of which help to immerse travellers in to the Egyptian way of life. This 10-day trip includes all of Egypt’s iconic sights, including the pyramids, the Sphinx, Aswan, the Valley of the Kings, the temples at Luxor, plus Cairo, where there is free time to explore and test haggling skills at the bazaars.
JORDAN: Petra and Wadi Rum
- For centuries, the deserts of Arabia have held a special fascination to Westerners and The Adventure Company’s 9-day Petra and Wadi Rum trip allows travellers to find out why. Enjoy the nature and landscapes of Dana Nature Reserve and see the Treasury, Monastery and amphitheatres on a visit to Petra. Heading out to Wadi Rum, holiday-makers will spend the night under the stars in a Bedouin-style camp before exploring further by 4WD. Bathing costumes are an essential as there is also a chance to float in the Dead Sea.
To find out more about The Adventure Company’s holidays call 0845 287 1198
or visit http://www.adventurecompany.co.uk
12 August 2011
For further information or press trip opportunities please contact:
The Adventure Company PR Manager
Tel: 020 8971 2967
The Adventure Company PR Assistant
Tel: 020 8971 0498
NOTE TO EDITORS:
About The Adventure Company
Founded in 1996, The Adventure Company operates over 250 small group trips across all continents combining ‘must-see’
Its range allows holidaymakers to enjoy some of the world’s most iconic treks, spot wildlife on safari, get under the skin of local cultures, camp under the stars or try out new activities such as white-water rafting and dog-sledding, From Argentina to Zambia, all trips are led by local guides who provide an invaluable cultural insight.
While itineraries are tailored to suit all ages, from those new to adventure to seasoned travellers, The Adventure Company is also the leading family adventure specialist with 85 holidays suited to travelling with kids. Trips vary from multi-activity holidays to exotic animal encounters, with certain holidays offering designated solo parent or teen departures, designed exclusively for families with children aged 12 upwards