Drug Name: Bentyl Anti Acidity (Dicyclomine)
Bentyl Anti Acidity Drug Uses:
Bentyl is used for treating symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
How to use Bentyl Anti Acidity :
Use Bentyl as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
* Bentyl is usually given as an injection at your doctors office, hospital, or clinic. If you will be using Bentyl at home, a health care provider will teach you how to use it. Be sure you understand how to use Bentyl . Follow the procedures you are taught when you use a dose. Contact your health care provider if you have any questions.
* Bentyl is for intramuscular (IM) injection only. It is NOT for intravenous (IV) use.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Bentyl is an anticholinergic. It works by blocking a chemical in the smooth muscle of the stomach and intestines, causing them to relax, which reduces cramping.
Missed Dose of Bentyl Anti Acidity
If you miss a dose of Bentyl , take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Storage of Bentyl Anti Acidity
Store Bentyl at room temperature between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C) in a tightly closed container. Brief periods at temperatures of 59 to 86 degrees F (15 to 30 degrees C) are permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Bentyl out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Warnings/Precautions of Bentyl Anti Acidity
Do Not Use Bentyl Anti Acidity if
* you are allergic to any ingredient in Bentyl;
* you have blockage of the esophagus, stomach, intestine, or urinary tract;
* you have heart problems due to severe bleeding;
* you have glaucoma;
* you have inflammation of the esophagus due to acid reflux, loss of strength in the intestinal muscles, or chronic inflammation and ulceration of the bowel;
* you have myasthenia gravis (a condition in which the muscles become progressively paralyzed);
* you are breast-feeding.
Some medical conditions may interact with Bentyl . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
* if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
* if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
* if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
* if you have chronic inflammation or ulcers of the bowel, diarrhea, enlargement of the prostrate, hiatal hernia, kidney or liver disease, a nervous system disease, overactive thyroid, or urinary blockage or retention
* if you have heart disease, heart failure, a history of rapid heartbeat, or high blood pressure.
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Bentyl . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
* Amantadine, antiarrhythmics (eg, quinidine), antihistamines (eg, diphenhydramine)
* Metoclopramide or phenothiazines (eg, chlorpromazine)
* Digoxin because the risk of its side effects may be increased by Bentyl.
Possible Side Effects of Bentyl Anti Acidity
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
* blurred vision; constipation;
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
* Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); agitation; confusion; diarrhea; difficulty focusing your eyes; difficulty moving; difficulty speaking; difficulty urinating; disorientation;
More Information about Bentyl Anti Acidity
Bentyl is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
# # #
Medx4u.com is an online pharmacy. We provide quality products with a lower price than the competitor Our user friendly web site helps customers with all inquires and concerns they may have. We can provide you with information on our generic drugs.