The fourth International Card and Smart Technologies Exhibition and Summit in Istanbul (Cardist) is the place where leading industry figures from the worlds of payments and mobiles can come together to discuss and debate the future. It will play host to several major announcements as well as presentations from senior business leaders from both the financial and telecoms industries.
Taking place from the 1st to the 3rd of November 2011, Cardist will welcome exhibitors from all over Eurasia and beyond including those involved in:
• Card technology software, hardware and services
• Smart card/code applications
• RFID technologies
• E-government and M-government solutions
• NFC technologies
• POS terminals and applications
• Card management systems
The Summit will feature discussions on key subjects including:
• Banking meets mobile – What will be the effect on the region’s financial institutions when mobile payments go mainstream? Is a new era of competition in payments dawning? With Sureyva Ciliv, CEO of Turkcell.
• Mobile applications – The role of the SIM industry in enabling a secure mobile application culture. With Michele Scarlatella, Board Director of the SIM Alliance.
• Post- or pre-pay? – The opportunities for credit, debit and prepaid cards across Eurasia. With Robert Wright, CEO of Raiffeisen Kosovo and Ronald Boddy, Head of Credit Cards, GE Money Bank, Czech Republic.
• Innovation in prepaid – Some of the applications of prepaid cards in regional government and transportation programmes. With Hayri Baracli, General Manager of IETT and Brian Chambers, MD of Octopus International Projects, Hong Kong.
• When mobile met money – International remittances and mobile money; Contactless payments. With Gonca Acikalin, Vice-President, Account based money transfer, Europe & CIS, Western Union and Christophe Siegelin, President of the Smart Payment Association.
• Payment futures With Ali Salci, Mobile Financial Services, Turkcell; Celal Cündoğlu, Assistant General Manager/Business Development at BKM; Ahmet Kozakoğlu, General Manager, E-Kent; and Reha Emekli, Assistant General Manager, Garanti Ödeme Sistemleri A.Ş.
Speakers and panellists will include representatives of major national, regional and international companies and organisations.
More information on Cardist 2011 is available at http://www.cardist.com.tr/
# # #
A PR and communications agency specialising in the international payments business. We offer a range of communications support including media relations, online and offline marketing, social media management, employee communications & issues management.