1. Latest News
  2. Submit Press Release
  1. PR Home
  2. Latest News
  3. Feeds
  4. Alerts
  5. Submit Free Press Release
  6. Journalist Account
  7. PRNewswire Distribution

1 in 3 Keep ‘Secret’ Photos of Ex-Lovers

According to new research from a bespoke photo book website, a third of Britons are guilty of harbouring a ‘secret’ picture of an ex-lover; with over half of these claiming to keep one in their wallet.

 
PRLog - Jul. 27, 2011 - It appears that ex-lovers aren’t always consigned to the past amongst Britons, as a new study has revealed that over a third, 36%, of adults in relationships around the UK admit to keeping a ‘secret’ photo of an ex-lover; without the knowledge of their other half.

The study was conducted by bespoke photo book website www.MyMemory.com as part of research into the part that photographs play in the lives of Brits, with 1,781 men and women currently in a relationship taking part.

Those taking part in the study were asked, “Have you kept any photos of an ex-lover, without your current partner’s knowledge?” to which over a third, 36%, of the Brits taking part answered ‘yes’. Furthermore, the majority (62%) of those keeping a ‘secret’ snap of an ex-lover were women.

These respondents were then asked where they kept the photo in question. Over half, 56%, explained that they kept a snap of their ex-lover in their wallet; whilst the remaining majority, 32%, explained that the pic was ‘hidden in a draw/ cupboard’.

When it came to the nature of the ‘secret’ images in question, just over a quarter, 27%, of those who admitted to harbouring a picture of an ex-lover explained that the photograph was ‘sexual’ in nature.

When asked if they thought that keeping a secret photo of an ex-lover was wrong, the majority of total respondents, 61%, stated ‘yes’. In contrast, respondents were also asked how they’d feel if they discovered a ‘secret’ photograph of their partner’s ex-lover, to which just under three quarters, 74%, explained that they would be ‘angry’.

Given the digital nature of photographs in today’s age, those taking part in the study were also asked how they reacted online when breaking up with an ex-lover. Two thirds, 65%, admitted that they had deleted or ‘un-tagged’ images of themselves with their ex-partner on social media websites, whilst the remaining 35% claimed to have left the images ‘unchanged.’

Rebecca Huggler, co- founder of MyMemory.com, commented on the findings:
“Photographs play such a huge part in the lives of most Britons, especially when it comes to relationships. We really wanted to look into how people react in terms of their photographs when relationships end, and it was quite surprising to see that as many as one in three are harbouring ‘secret’ pictures of ex-lovers without their current partner’s knowledge.”

She continued:  
                                                                                                                                                   
“Photographs are a great way of holding on to memories, which is probably why so many keep snaps of ex-partners. Whilst secret snaps can help you think back on fond times with your exes, they may create some bad memories for your current partner- so think twice before secretively stashing that snap in your drawer or wallet!”

ENDS

LINK: http://www.MyMemory.com

For more information please contact Emma Kent of 10 Yetis Public Relations on emmak@10yetis.co.uk or 01452 348211.

Editor’s Notes

MyMemory.com is a website specialising in bespoke photographic memorabilia and gifts.
The site was launched in 2010 by Rebecca Huggler and Karl Moss.

--- End ---

Click to Share

Contact Email:
***@10yetis.co.uk Email Verified
Source:Emma Kent
Country:United Kingdom
Industry:Photography
Tags:photos, photographs, lovers, secret pictures, images, pictures, survey, mymemory.com, 10yetis, pr agency
Shortcut:prlog.org/11599900
Disclaimer:   Issuers of the press releases are solely responsible for the content of their press releases. PRLog can't be held liable for the content posted by others.   Report Abuse

Latest Press Releases By “

More...

Trending News...



  1. SiteMap
  2. Privacy Policy
  3. Terms of Service
  4. Copyright Notice
  5. About
  6. Advertise
Like PRLog?
9K2K1K
Click to Share