EXAMINING latest developments in World Cup 2018 construction projects and analysing legislative context for stadium development in Russia are just two of the topical issues that will be discussed at an industry event later this year.
Organised by Construction and Infrastructure IQ a division of International Quality & Productivity Center (IQPC), Stadium and Venue Design and Development Russia &CIS conference is being held in Berlin, Germany in October and the agenda will focus on designing and developing sustainable, energy efficient stadiums with compact master plans that ensure a lasting legacy of stadiums as well as addressing key issues for companies outside of Russia working with local partners on this project.
Speakers at the event include Confirmed Senior Representative from the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ Local Organising Committee, Walter Gagg, Director, FIFA; Eugene Van Vuuren, Former Technical Advisor, 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™ Local, Organising Committee; Mark Timmer, Head of Stadia and Security, UEFA; Ben Veenbrink, Member of the UEFA Stadium Expert Panel; John Beattie, Stadium Manager, Emirates Stadium; Ilja Kaenzig, CEO, Stade de Suisse; Patrik Meyer, Managing Director, Commerzbank-
They will be discussing issues including:
• Building world class venues compliant with international regulations
• Evaluating the impact of hosting world class events on local communities
• Analysing sustainable solutions to reduce energy consumption for climate control equipment
• Achieving economic sustainability of the stadiums after world class events
• Utilising the best available technologies in delivering flexible venues
• How to comply with legislative norms for sport facilities design and development in Russia?
• Analysing environmental and economic impacts of sports venue development
The Assistant Vice President of Projacs International said “It was an outstanding experience concluding in learning valuable technical information related to stadium and venue design and development.”
The summit will bring together global sports committee and club representatives, associations, developers, architects and engineers involved, or looking to be involved in the 2018 World Cup.
Find the full program, event details and registration information on http://www.stadiumdevelopmenteurope.com/
Media contact: Veronica Araujo, +44 (0)20 7368 9748, veronica.araujo@
Press are invited to attend this important industry forum, if you would like to a complimentary press pass please email Veronica Araujo (veronica.araujo@