1. Check the seller’s rating. Look for a seller with an eBay Power Seller logo. An eBay Power Seller must have a feedback rating of at least 98%.
2. Use tools to win auctions. Monitor the bidding on auctions in which you are participating. Also, use websites such as Auction Stealer to maximize your chances of winning the auction.
3. Compare prices. Check Google and Nextag to see if another store has a lower price.
4. Negotiate. Be patient, and bid below the “Buy It Now” price. You will often save significant dough.
5. Time your purchases to coincide with American sales. After the Independence Day (4 July) you can easily find great deals on clothes and shoes at steep discounts as high as 60% to 80%. On the American “Black Friday” (25 November), there will be many sales as well. Also, 20 February (“President’
6. Minimize your taxes. Ask the eBay seller about any possible taxes or other fees. Study the law; in many cases, Russian customers who buy online are not liable for American sales taxes. Look for alternative places to buy.
7. Try to combine multiple items into the same package. The more you combine, the more you will save! Find a friend or two, and share your package with him or her. Split the cost of shipment with your friends and family and get affordable products from the USA!
8. Choose the right shipping partner. Look for a shipping company that has representation in many countries, has a resolution center, and has good reviews online. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
9. Get a tracking number for your package. Don’t let yourself be scammed. Avoid unknown shipping carriers. Steer clear of sellers that do not provide tracking numbers.
10. Protect your private information. Only share your payment information with reliable, trusted partners such as PayPal or BayRu.
Do you have your own tips for international shopping that you would like to share? Share your tips and tricks on http://vkontakte.ru/
# # #
BayRu is a fast growing service that provides Russians safe access to a variety of international goods. Through our online store http://www.bay.ru, Russian shoppers are able to receive shipment of goods from eBay.com and Amazon.com.