American Profit Recovery, a collection agency based in Michigan, Massachusetts and North Carolina has worked with a myriad of small businesses including veterinarians and animal hospitals to greatly improve internal collection efforts. Their years of experience and insight have helped them develop a few effective tips for veterinary practices to enhance their in-house accounts receivables processes while maintaining strong relationships with pet owners.
• Require Payment At Time Of Service: Emergencies do happen with pets but the more a practice can bill at time of service, the less late paying customers they will have. Make this part of your policy and post it in your office in clear view.
• Put It In Writing: Manage expectations at your veterinary practice by clearly stating billing practices in the waiting area and on any written materials about the practice. Again, there are emergencies but planned visits should be paid for at time of visit.
• Don’t Wait: Decide when you are comfortable getting more assertive in your collection procedures. The longer a bill goes unpaid, the more difficult it is to collect. Stepping up your collection efforts at 60 days is a smart move and one that should get you paid quicker.
• Turn Stubborn Accounts Over To A Third Party: Obtaining help from a reputable collection agency, to settle accounts that remain unpaid, can expedite matters while removing you and your veterinary practice from having to ask for money.
• Search for an agency that fits your style and values. Look for those who are endorsed by the organizations and associations you are part of. For instance, if you are in Massachusetts, search for collection agencies in Massachusetts, call them and then have them provide you with references in your industry.
• More tips can be found here in this educational video: http://www.americanprofit.net/
About American Profit Recovery:
American Profit Recovery (APR) is a collection agency with offices in Massachusetts, Michigan and North Carolina. Founded in 2004, APR specializes in the collection of third-party debt in industries such as medical/dental, banking, trades, lawn care and other professional services. With early intervention and a strong focus on ethics and diplomacy with consumers, APR works hard to preserve the relationship between client and consumer with an ultimate goal of keeping the business relationship intact. The firm serves approximately 3,500 clients nationwide. American Profit Recovery and their team have earned many awards including Best Places to Work in Collections and Most Influential People in the Collection Industry. 800-711-0023 http://www.americanprofit.net/
# # #
American Profit Recovery is a collection agency with offices in Massachusetts, Michigan and North Carolina. With early intervention and a strong focus on diplomacy with consumers, APR works hard to preserve the relationship between client and consumer.