PRLog - July 18, 2011 - LONDON -- This conference builds on the success of the first two events to offer a comprehensive overview and analysis of the area.
This year’s event balances industry and academic contributions to reflect the consistent and increasing co-operation between industry and academic KOLs. This year’s conference addresses COPD as the unique issue that it is, but also offers interesting comparisons with Asthma.
The programme analyses new PDE4 inhibitors, pre & post clinical trial modelling and clinical trial biomarkers as well as the important issues of handling COPD exacerbations and patient phenotyping and diagnosis.
Hear keynote addresses from:
• Andreas Pahl, Head of Pharmacology, Nycomed
• Dave Singh, Medical Director, Medicines Evaluation Unit, University Hospital South Manchester
• Professor Sebastian Johnston, Professor of Adult Respiratory Medicine, Imperial College School of Medicine
• Professor Neil Barnes, Consultant Respiratory Physician, Barts & The London NHS Trust
• Professor Bill MacNee, Professor of Medicine, University of Edinburgh
Why you should attend:
• Modeling and management of exacerbations of COPD - examine animal modelling and statistical outcomes
• Uses, potential and controversy of new PDE4 compound inhibitors - explore the uses and potential of recently approved Roflumilast from the experiences of Nycomed themsleves and take a clinical perspective of its uses.
• Unique complexities of COPD pathophysiology - compare and contrast COPD with Asthma to improve your understanding of what makes COPD unique and needing of particualr attention.
• Combination and oxygen therapies - learn about triple therapies and novel therapies within the treatment of COPD
• The clinical trials process and rapid proof of concept - improving your understanding of the clinical trials process to allow for quicker proof of concept, geting your ideas to market quicker and more safely
• Improving case-finding and diagnosis - learn about patient phenotyping and how to diagnose COPD correctly and in good time
• Analyse all phases of the discovery process, from pre-clinical modelling, phase 2 studies all the way through to modelling clincal outcomes.
# # #
About SMi Group
COPD: Novel Therapeutics and Management Strategies is just one of the many conferences that are a part of the SMi Group portfolio.
The SMi Group is a world leader in business to business information. With nearly two decades in the business, thousands of senior executives from blue chip companies have already benefitted from SMi’s highly targeted conferences, workshops and publications. For more information visit www.smi-online.co.uk
For further information, contact:
Tel: +44 (0) 207 827 6722