QUICK WIN ECONOMICS will help you decode economic phenomena – and is
designed so that you can dip in and out as you’d like, looking for answers to questions you might have or just a place to start to understand the theory. Each entry is tagged by one of five subject areas: Economics Essentials, Micro-economics, Macro-economics, Economic Policy, Applied Economics.
The author, Stephen Kinsella, is a lecturer in economics at the University of Limerick, Ireland.
He holds a BA (Mod) from Trinity College, Dublin, in economics, an MEconSc and PhD from NUI, Galway and an MA, MPhil and PhD from the New School for Social Research, New York, all in economics. He is interested in computable economics, experimental economics and Irish public policy.
Sample questions include:
• What are economic indicators?
• What is risk aversion?
• How are the parts of the economy connected together?
• What is deflation and why is it worrying?
• Why does every country have a central bank? What does it do?
• Can the government manage the economy through monetary policy?
• Could we ever have a zero inflation economy?
• What is money and why is it useful?
• And, why don’t Big Macs cost the same in every country?
You can also use the grid system in the contents section to search for questions and answers across a range of topics or use the thread of cross-references provided at the end of each question and answer.
# # #
Oak Tree Press is Ireland's leading business book publisher. It develops and delivers information, advice and resource to entrepreneurs & managers - & those who educate and support them.