1. Be sure you understand the instructions and questions before you begin answering. Getting halfway through a question, only to realize you answered the wrong question or read the directions wrong will considerably increase your anxiety.
2. If you start to panic, take a minute and try to release the pressure, stress and unpleasant thoughts from your mind. You could even try a mantra to center and still your thoughts.
3. Take a few minutes away from your test every twenty minutes or so. Flip over your exam, stretch your back, legs, and arms, and take a second to clear your head before you go on. These kind of pauses help prevent you from becoming overwhelmed. If you can, get up to take a restroom break or get a drink of water.
4. Skip questions you do not know the answers to. You can always revisit them. This strategy saves you time and prevents you from panicking further. Also, go with your gut. If you feel an answer if right, don’t second guess yourself. That doubt only increases test anxiety.
5. When you begin feel anxious, breathe deeply and slowly, and count your breaths as you go. You can close your eyes if you need to and try for five to ten calm breaths. Just enough to relax you, without causing you to hyperventilate.
Tests and exams can be stressful but you don’t have to let anxiety ruin your chances of getting a good grade. Walk into your exam well-rested, well-nourished and well-prepared. Tries these tips to keep yourself alert, relaxed and anxiety free.
Therapy helps you to overcome stress and anxiety in order to pass your PTA exam, for more information please visit our website at www.therapyteam.com or visit our facebook fanpage at www.facebook.com/
# # #
A live review course for Physical Therapists and Physical Therapists taking the National Physical Therapists exam. NPTE, NPTAE. Unfortunately there are no shortcuts or quick solutions to passing your PT/PTA Boards thereby making proper and complete preparation critical to your success. Fortunately, the best time to start studying with us is before your first time. The next best time is today!!!